Software Engineer - Cybersecurity
ZipRecruiter Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home/remotely at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job:
ZipRecruiter is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Security Development team. This role will work in cybersecurity software development and assist with security operations at ZipRecruiter.
The Software Engineer will build and integrate security-related software and have an interest in software security. They will participate in development of authentication, authorization, and encryption applications and improve the protections extended to ZipRecruiter clients and job seekers. This hands-on role will collaborate with engineering and product teams and help ZipRecruiter to continue to adapt to ever changing cybersecurity threats. Being a Software Engineer at ZipRecruiter will require familiarity with cybersecurity, CI/CD processes, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Go, and Perl programming.
A successful candidate will be thoughtful and methodical in their approach to solving security riddles and anticipating attack vectors. The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience solving logic problems and tenacity when tackling multi-faceted projects.
In addition, a great candidate will have excellent people skills. Kind, respectful interaction with both internal and external parties is an integral part of our culture. This position also requires clear and concise writing skills to keep everyone aligned via different channels. We are seeking a candidate with all of these skills who will also be sensitive and welcoming to a wide diversity of cultural and technical backgrounds that we encounter in our global business.
- Help us achieve our vision of total security for our job seekers, employers, and internal users
- Build and release code, monitors, clusters as needed
- Work across the company with incredibly intelligent coworkers. Security development is a cross-functional team that works with everyone in the company. You'll learn new things every day
- Write software to improve cybersecurity defenses
- Create or improve systems around authentication, authorization, encryption, and other security-related tools
- Advise and answer questions from analysts and engineers related to security
- Provide input to Compliance and Legal regarding how changes to policy and procedures impact security
- 3+ years experience in software engineering, especially full stack software development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A strong interest in cybersecurity and problem solving
- Prior experience in security development or operations is preferred
- Self-starting nature and comfortable with remote work / collaboration
- Amazon Web Services
- Perl and/or Go language experience
- Knowledge of cybersecurity coding practices and tooling
- Experience with Systems Administration
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
ZipRecruiter is the fastest growing employment marketplace. We have helped over 1 million businesses and 100 million job seekers find their next perfect match through partnerships with the best job boards on the web, curated email alerts, award-winning mobile apps, and the world’s best search algorithm for jobs.