Software Engineer - Big Data
ZipRecruiter Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home remote at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Our team has a unique opportunity to work on applications and data at scale, serving millions of jobseekers and tens of thousands of customers. We're working on building an efficient marketplace of jobseekers and employers and need software engineers who can handle the volume of data created by billions of interactions within our ecosystem. Our systems need access to data made available via efficient, organized, reliable, instrumented, and well constructed code for streaming and batch applications. This enables the machine learning and analysis capabilities required to connect people to their next opportunity. We provide an essential service and have a thriving business as a result.
Our stack is complex and we're looking for engineers who know how to write evolvable, properly instrumented, and efficient code as part of a growing distributed system. We're working on data driven systems and applications and need people who can use modern data processing frameworks to power all of the intelligence we use to help change people's lives.
- Using tools like Spark and Flink to build data processing and exploration pipelines along with ML infrastructure to power our intelligence
- Deploy a range of cloud-based technologies for critical projects
- Write, test, instrument, and deploy code to our Kubernetes environment
- Help drive the innovation and evolution of ZipRecruiter
- Computer Science degree or sufficient experience at a company that has outstanding engineering practices
- Ability to write high-performance, well-designed, well-crafted, readable, and tested code in a team environment
- Ability to build in multiple languages and the ability to pick up new languages quickly
- Expertise building efficient Spark applications in Scala
- Solid understanding of JVM ecosystem
- Solid understanding of both non-relational and relational database systems
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Privacy Notice Language:
- "For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice"
ZipRecruiter is the fastest growing employment marketplace. We have helped over 1 million businesses and 100 million job seekers find their next perfect match through partnerships with the best job boards on the web, curated email alerts, award-winning mobile apps, and the world’s best search algorithm for jobs.