Senior Product Manager, Job Seeker Data
ZipRecruiter Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home/remote at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job
As a Product Manager for Job Seeker Data, you will be responsible for the development, optimization, and launch of new backend systems and data products aimed at understanding our job seekers. Your work will directly improve user satisfaction, retention, monetization, and the quality of and confidence in our data-driven decision making.
- Work with Executive, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Biz Dev, Sales, and Marketing teams to prioritize, launch, and operationalize new data products.
- Process, review, and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data to uncover new insights about job seekers.
- Be an internal advocate, educator, and communicator about the products you own.
- Write specs, manage project execution, and define product rollout strategy and communications.
- Communicate product roadmap, learnings, advocate for new features, and write documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
What We're Looking For:
- Communication: You are an excellent communicator who is able to effectively write, speak, educate, and persuade in a variety of contexts. You are comfortable with both synchronous and asynchronous communication, working well with teams across multiple time zones.
- Collaborative: You work exceptionally well across engineering, product, analytics, sales, and marketing.
- Knows What's Important: You prioritize based on the business' needs and make smart tradeoffs to support key strategic objectives.
- Analytical: You possess a strong proficiency with analytics tools and platforms (such as Jupyter Notebooks, Periscope, Tableau, or other platforms) and use data to make product decisions, set priorities, and measure success.
- Leadership: You are effective at leading a cross-functional team without authority, driving execution and making team members more productive.
- Efficient: You build minimum viable products, measure, learn, and iterate in a fast- paced environment.
- Hands On: You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting into the nitty-gritty every day when needed.
- Customer Centric: You focus on the customer experience, and business use cases, not simply building new features.
- 2-5 years combined product management, data science, or engineering experience
- You can write a basic SQL query and aren't afraid to dive into data
- A business-level understanding of technical concepts such as APIs, relational databases, data formats (ex. CSV, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Experience as a product or business leader, owning and driving business outcomes
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools
- Experience as a product manager developing heavily backend products such as APIs or data products
- Bonus Points:
- Experience working for an AdTech or consumer web company
- Experience with AI/ML products
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Privacy Notice Language:
- "For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice"
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
ZipRecruiter is the fastest growing employment marketplace. We have helped over 1 million businesses and 100 million job seekers find their next perfect match through partnerships with the best job boards on the web, curated email alerts, award-winning mobile apps, and the world’s best search algorithm for jobs.