Senior Engineer, Payments & Store
ZipRecruiter Miami, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home remote at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Our Financial development team, FinDev, is seeking Senior Engineers excited to work with a fast moving company to help shape it's growth. The Findev Team is responsible for back-end purchasing systems allowing customers purchases, invoicing and payments, while ensuring accurate financial reporting and compliance. Systems include: product catalog and ordering system, payments acceptance and payouts, invoicing, accounting (Netsuite) and financial reporting.
We are at a unique point in time as we are embarking on a journey to migrate our data-intensive applications from Perl to an AWS / Java-based tech stack and are looking for Senior engineers to help lead that transition. Our stack is complex and we're looking for engineers who know how to write reliable, scalable and maintainable solutions as part of a growing distributed system.
- Build software services and platforms with enormous impact across many teams and key stakeholders at ZipRecruiter, starting with the effort to migrate a live existing perl system to a AWS / Java service based architecture.
- Shape future proof interfaces that are easy to build against and meet the requirements of product teams.
- Ensure our infrastructure is safely extensible, scalable, reliable and meets SLAs for both external and internal users.
- Serve as a role model for software design and scalable systems architecture by developing, sharing, and setting the quality bar for more junior engineers.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment developing and executing against immediate and long term roadmaps and making effective tradeoffs considering business priorities
- You have been working as a Senior Software engineer driving technical work for various groups of engineers.
- You have worked on large complex projects that span multiple teams and functions, preferably in Java / AWS.
- You have solid experience in designing large-scale and complex systems that deliver critical impact to the business, ideally for back-end systems. (E.g. payments, product catalogs...)
- You have experience in driving, executing, and delivering high quality technical solutions.
- You work well cross-functionally and your co-workers across all teams trust you.
- You are comfortable working in ambiguously defined problem spaces, can identify the most valuable areas to direct your energy, and have delivered tangible results, as demonstrated in prior experiences.
Good to Have
- Understanding of basic accounting principals including GAAP accounting, and experience with billing systems in previous or current job position.
- Some experience with Perl
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Privacy Notice Language:
- "For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice"
ZipRecruiter is the fastest growing employment marketplace. We have helped over 1 million businesses and 100 million job seekers find their next perfect match through partnerships with the best job boards on the web, curated email alerts, award-winning mobile apps, and the world’s best search algorithm for jobs.