Director of Accounting
ZipRecruiter Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home/remotely at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job:
ZipRecruiter is looking for an accounting operations leader. This person will manage the general ledger close, accounts payable, treasury, accounts receivable and collections. This position will report to the VP of Accounting and will fill a key leadership role in the Accounting department tasked with owning and growing an efficient, strategic and talented team. The ideal candidate will strive to improve the existing processes as we scale our business while collaborating with stakeholders across the organization as a trusted business partner in cross functional capacities.
- Own the general ledger month end closing processes including approval of journal entries, account reconciliations and supporting account analysis
- Manage operational treasury functions including cash management, cash application, bank account reconciliation and funds transfers
- Improve and iterate on ZipRecruiter's general ledger accounting teams processes including daily operations of the accounting departments
- Oversee and manage all aspects of billing, accounts receivable, collections and accounts payable to maintain strong partnerships and relationships with vendors and customers
- Establish and implement goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the operational accounting department
- Manage and mentor team members including management of international outsourced accounting teams
- 10 years of experience in Accounting
- 5 years of experience leading accounting teams
- Proactive and entrepreneurial spirit
- Growth mindset
- Emotionally intelligent, thoughtful and influential leader
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Privacy Notice Language:
- "For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice"
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
ZipRecruiter is the fastest growing employment marketplace. We have helped over 1 million businesses and 100 million job seekers find their next perfect match through partnerships with the best job boards on the web, curated email alerts, award-winning mobile apps, and the world’s best search algorithm for jobs.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Finance and Insurance