Director, Software Engineering
ZipRecruiter Austin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home/remotely at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Director to lead, manage, and grow our engineering teams and help shape our culture. We are a team of strong engineers that enjoy learning from each other, working together on cutting-edge technologies, and solving interesting problems.
As a Software Engineering Director you will be leading several teams of full stack software engineers and their managers working across multiple product development teams. You'll support your teams as they work through challenges building and maintaining sophisticated software applications at scale. You'll be acting as a coach and mentor, providing feedback, and helping them learn and grow. You'll also be staying current with development and product technologies through your own contributions.
- Manage, lead, and align a group of managers and engineers across multiple teams to deliver product features
- Support your teams and managers through regular feedback, coaching, and mentoring, and by promoting learning and development
- Help continuously improve our engineering processes and practices
- Stay current with the product's technology, and what your team members are using, through individual development contributions as needed
- 4+ years of managing and leading software development teams
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering
- Formal CS education or experience working as a software engineer at highly selective companies
- Experience managing managers, a team, or working as a team or technical lead and are ready to move into a role more focused on management
- Experience growing a team, both in terms of numbers and capabilities
Privacy Notice Language:
For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
ZipRecruiter is the fastest growing employment marketplace. We have helped over 1 million businesses and 100 million job seekers find their next perfect match through partnerships with the best job boards on the web, curated email alerts, award-winning mobile apps, and the world’s best search algorithm for jobs.