Director, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
ZipRecruiter Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home/remotely at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job:
ZipRecruiter is looking for an SEC and Technical Accounting leader to help us lead the external reporting function. This is a critical new role and function and you will be empowered to build out a best in class external reporting function.
- Design the company's end to end external reporting process for submitting high quality Form 10-K and Form 10-Q filings in a timely manner including financial statements, MD&A and disclosures.
- Lead configuration and optimization of reporting software including the integration into Netsuite to streamline external reporting.
- Support the accounting team with timely and insightful research, documentation and guidance on technical accounting matters, including complex and non-standard transactions such as revenue recognition, equity and debt offerings, adoption of new standards, and general corporate accounting matters.
- Prepare and manage the quarterly SEC reporting calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal and investor relations departments.
- Review the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package, including income statement and balance sheet analysis, and various external communications, including investor relations earnings releases, scripts, and presentations.
- Stay current on changes to Accounting Standards Codifications (ASC) and SEC regulations and evaluate and communicate impact on company's financial reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA qualified.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience required
- SEC reporting experience with a publicly-traded company, preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements
- Strong communicator and proven ability to work cross functionally
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to change
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC reporting standards, as well as extensive experience with technical research.
- A proactive approach to problem identification and remediation solutions, and excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of the organization.
- A demonstrated confidence to instill motivation across teams. In times when obstacles impact progress, the ability to exhibit poise, conviction, and leadership.
- Strong project management skills, ability to work independently and multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Meticulous and superior attention to detail
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Privacy Notice Language:
- "For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice"
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
ZipRecruiter is the fastest growing employment marketplace. We have helped over 1 million businesses and 100 million job seekers find their next perfect match through partnerships with the best job boards on the web, curated email alerts, award-winning mobile apps, and the world’s best search algorithm for jobs.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Finance and Insurance