Director, Product Marketing
ZipRecruiter Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home/remote at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job:
ZipRecruiter is seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual to join our team to oversee the development and growth of product marketing across our core products. This is a role at the intersection of Marketing, Product, User Research and Strategy, responsible for helping the company understand unmet market and customer needs and guiding strategy accordingly.
- Develop a customer segmentation for the company's key constituencies. Deeply understand the different customer segments and their needs.
- Regularly produce research and analysis to help the company better understand unmet needs in the marketplace. Support product leadership by evaluating whether our MVPs/spec ideas/designs will actually address those unmet needs
- Identify high-value use cases though research and customer interviews and advocate diligently for the customer as you work across product, engineering, sales and other cross functional teams and conduct robust analysis on internal and external datasets
- Become an authority on the competitive landscape and help internal teams take an "˜outside-in view' in critical activities such as developing the product roadmap and preparing for lighthouse customer conversations
- Maintain a regular competitive index to help inform the company's strategic roadmap
- Conduct user research, understanding how customers are using our current product and where there are opportunities to improve
- Be a part of a cross functional team defining new opportunities and go-to-market models that span pricing, offers, sales strategy and partners, so we can exceed our goals in new categories
- Partner with marketing leadership to build a differentiating value prop that will make our services stand out in the market. Use your customer compassion and competitive savvy to develop compelling messaging that positions us to win
- Present to cross-functional teams and senior leadership to sell ideas and influence action
- Partner on pilots for business initiatives with cross-functional partners with regular reporting of insights to leadership
- Lead and grow a talented team to execute on the above across ZipRecruiter's different constituencies
- 10+ years' work experience in a high-performing, data-driven organization
- Strong analytical and critical thinker with the ability to solve complex problems and turn messy data into key insights for the business
- Experience conducting user research including developing questionnaires and analyzing large datasets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to travel occasionally (~10-20% of time)
- Bachelor's degree
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Privacy Notice Language:
- "For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice"
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
ZipRecruiter is the fastest growing employment marketplace. We have helped over 1 million businesses and 100 million job seekers find their next perfect match through partnerships with the best job boards on the web, curated email alerts, award-winning mobile apps, and the world’s best search algorithm for jobs.