Android Software Engineer
ZipRecruiter Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*All employees are working remotely due to Covid-19 and we have committed to not require a return to the office until September 2021 at the earliest. Many positions throughout the company will remain fully remote.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Our team has a unique opportunity to work on applications and data at scale, serving millions of jobseekers and tens of thousands of customers. We're working on building an efficient marketplace of jobseekers and employers and need mobile software engineers to build fast, scalable, and effective mobile applications all to help connect people to their next job. We provide an essential service and have a thriving business as a result.
We're looking for engineers who know how to write evolvable, properly instrumented, and efficient code and mobile interfaces that are clean and well structured.
- Design and implement features for the top rated mobile app for job search
- Participate in feature development from idea phase to feature release
- Write, test and instrument features in our mobile applications
- Help drive the innovation and evolution of ZipRecruiter
- Computer Science degree or sufficient experience at a company that has outstanding engineering practices
- Expertise building mobile applications in Kotlin
- Solid understanding of the Android ecosystem
- Proficiency in Java
- Ability to write high-performance, well-designed, well-crafted, readable, and tested code in a team environment
- Ability to build in multiple languages and the ability to pick up new languages quickly
- Solid understanding of mobile application lifecycle, common software architectures and performance considerations when working with mobile devices.
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Privacy Notice Language:
- "For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice"
ZipRecruiter is the fastest growing employment marketplace. We have helped over 1 million businesses and 100 million job seekers find their next perfect match through partnerships with the best job boards on the web, curated email alerts, award-winning mobile apps, and the world’s best search algorithm for jobs.