ZipRecruiter is looking for highly motivated interns for our 2020 InternZip Program. During our ten week program, the interns will gain meaningful and hands-on experience at one of LA's fastest growing tech companies.
Our Accounting Summer Intern will have the opportunity to work across the different teams within the accounting department including technical accounting, reporting, AR, AP, operations, tax and general ledger. Through this opportunity, the intern will have exposure to the inner workings of a fast-paced growing team in a company that is scaling at rapid speeds. They will assist staff and senior accountants with maintaining general ledger accounts, including preparing journal entries and reconciling month-end balances. The ideal candidate is pursuing a degree in accounting and/or a related business field and interested in a tech/start-up work environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare journal entries and assist in maintaining the month-end close checklist
- Assist department with monthly variance analysis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with preparing Company financial statements
- Special projects, reporting, and analysis as needed
What we're looking for:
- In pursuit of a Bachelor or Graduate degree in Accounting or business-related field at an Accredited Institution and able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Some excel and ppt experience preferred
- A recent graduate or currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
- Current class standing of junior level or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Voracious news consumer with a broad media diet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with AP style
- Strong computer skills, including G-Suite, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Available to work up to 40 hours a week for a three-month period
- Successful completion of department specific assessment or case study
Please Note: Applications will not be reviewed until the beginning of March. We ask that you remain patient during this time. In the meantime, if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ZipRecruiter is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This organization uses E-Verify.