New York Applicants ONLY!
Job Summary: Required to perform a variety of engineering tasks, as well as identify areas of improvement to increase operation efficiency. Supervise and manage engineers working in the mechanical engineering section of the Engineering department. Reports to the CEO.
Job responsibilities vary greatly according to the project at hand. However, duties typically include:
- Create shop drawings from Architectural Drawings and properly detail for ZipFlyer.
- Revise Shop Drawings based on Architect comments.
- Create detailed renderings of rooms based on actual images of client selected materials.
- Create clear tickets of stone assemblies based on shop drawings.
- Identify incomplete information in drawings/specs and produce Request for Information drawings.
- Create installation drawings to assist installers.
- Create documentation to aid in fabrication of parts over-seas.
- Create 3D models of complex stone assemblies.
- Produce accurate 3D models specifically for use in digital fabrication.
- Communicate with Design Engineering Manager on all aspects of projects.
- Visit jobs sites to understand site conditions and understand how scope of project relates to constructed space.
- Assist in taking field dimensions and 3D scans of job sites to ensure designs will fit.
- On visits to job sites look for conflicts and issues in the designs.
- Follow projects through in-house fabrication ensuring all parts follow intended designs.
- Provide support, problem solving, and critical thinking during all phases of projects.
- Continually develop an understanding of the stone trade and improvements in technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years experiences.
- MS Office applications; AutoCAD; Inventor; SolidWorks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Welding structural assemblies.
- Working knowledge of Construction
- Ability to think spatially and understand complex assemblies
- Good communication Skills, organization skills, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to read and understand Architectural and Mechanical Drawings
- Maintain a positive attitude and be self-motivated, energetic, cooperative, and hard working
- Ability to manage deadlines
- A willingness to problem solve and do what it takes to ensure work is exemplary
- 50 - 70% Travel required.