Restaurant Line Cook
We are sharing the love of Zion by bringing service and adventure to life!
How you can make a difference
- Help prepare consistently excellent made to order food to each guest of our resort
- Lead and inspire a passion for cooking and food service at Zion Ponderosa
- Take it upon yourself to be sure the details of success are executed in food preparation
What you’ll be doing
- Work with lead line cook and other Managers to produce quality and consistent food for any food and beverage outlet on the property
- Training on and capable of running your assigned station of sauté, grill, fry, wheel, or prep station
- Organize all stations of the line and keep it clean during shift
- Potentially assist with prep and cooking of food for catered events when necessary
- Train others when asked on elements you show skill in
- Assist in all nightly cleaning and re setting duties
- Be an example of proper food safety and cleanliness in your station
- Do your part to be organized to get tickets out in a timely manner
- Assist other food and beverage departments as needed
What you will need to be successful
- Humble attitude to help anywhere, Hungry enough to work hard to do your part and Smart ability to manage co worker and guest emotions to reach success
- Attentive to the details that need to be followed through with in a timely matter
- 1+ years experience cooking, proper food and alcohol handling permits and licenses
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly rate DOE, Estimated hours per week 40 (5 days on 2 days off)
- Free onsite housing (deposit required $200, Cleaning fee if in new dorm $30/Month)
- Discounted meal plan provided ($2 per meal)
- Gratuities from groups
- Discounts on all resort outlets including F&B, Recreation and Lodging (20%-50%)
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurances packages available (wait times and management level restrictions apply, must be year round full time)
- 401k plan participation is available (waiting periods apply)
Why work for Zion Ponderosa
Zion Ponderosa is a full service resort located on a large property that borders the east side of Zion National Park in southern Utah. We are passionate about providing exceptional service while sharing our love of Zion and all the outdoor adventures with our guests. Opportunities on our team include customer service, food and beverage, recreation, facilities, and much more.
Our story is that of a multigenerational family dream. We inspire and renew a love for adventure in the outdoors. Every day is a new opportunity to live well, Achieve greater, and love life. We welcome all to join our family as we inspire the love of ion and the Ponderosa Ranch.
Our advice to you
Zion Ponderosa is committed to finding the right people that fit into our hospitality team. If you believe in hard work, team success, and providing excellent service then you are who we want. You will find success on our team if you desire to truly better the world around you with passionate service and team commitment.
Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort LLC is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. Zion Ponderosa LLC. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.