PHP Web Developer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 to $100,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, medical, vision,
We're searching for one more software developer to add to our growing team of LAMP geeks. We build and maintain custom websites/applications written in PHP, primarily using the Symfony and Laravel frameworks.
About the Job
We touch a lot of different technologies and need developers who know them or are eager to learn. As a software developer at Zing, you'll be tasked with building highly customized business applications and APIs using modern frameworks, and you'll be expected to dive deep into existing codebases to expand functionality or troubleshoot problems.
In this position you will:
- Build and maintain PHP applications using Symfony, Laravel, Vue.js, and MySQL
- Write database queries in SQL and access the database using an ORM such as Doctrine or Eloquent
- Build front-end interfaces for administrative sites, reports, and customer-facing marketing pages
- 2+ years PHP programming experience (including OO)
- 2+ years database experience with MySQL or MariaDB
- Familiarity and comfort developing on and for Linux environments
Bonus points if you're also familiar with one or more of:
- Implementing Photoshop or XD designs
- Yarn, npm, webpack, and/or encore
- PHPUnit or Codeception
We're looking for candidates local to Denver / Boulder / Fort Collins. Our offices in Boulder county are open, and we are also allowing remote work for Colorado residents.
The base salary range for this position is $70k - $100k DOE. Final compensation will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. More experienced candidates may receive a higher offer.
Zing Studios is a group of LAMP developers with a 19-year track record of delivering awesome custom web sites and applications. We're located in Longmont, CO just a few miles outside of Boulder; our clients are all over the map and include natural products, technology, financial services, law, real estate, food and beverage, and a whole bunch of other industries.
We believe in maintaining a healthy work-life balance. We don't have a "work hard, play hard" philosophy; we have a "schedule sanely, work efficiently, and enjoy your family and hobbies" philosophy.
We believe a software shop should be filled with software developers. Everyone who is part of our small team has a technical background in software development.
We believe in collaboration. No superheroes here. Work directly with our clients and the Zing team to plan and build the best software possible.
Here's the nitty-gritty on how things work at Zing:
- Choose your own Linux distro, IDE, and support software-- we want you to be effective as you're coding, not boxed into some corporate IT setup.
- We'll throw 10% on top of your salary for a SEP-IRA retirement package... no match required. Yes, 10%.
- How about we pay 100% of your premiums on one of the best health plans around?
- Start things off right with a furniture budget for your office space at Zing so you can deck it out as you please.
Please, please, please: If you're a recruiter, a contract agency, or a developer looking for some freelance business, we wish you the best of luck but don't contact us-- it will only waste our time and yours.
1715 Iron Horse DrLongmont, CO
TechnologyView all jobs at Zing Studios