Job Title: Shipping Clerk
Pay rate: $16-$18/hour
Leading Flavor & Fragrance manufacturing company is looking for a Shipping Clerk to join their team.
Compile and produce records of purchasing, receiving, storing, and shipping. The main focus of this position is to complete essential functions to ensure LTL (less-than- truckload) and FTL (full truck loads) shipments are completed successfully for Domestic, International Air and Ocean. This role also assists the sales & customer service teams with managing carrier information and ensuring the accuracy of load information within our systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and verify records for all outgoing materials.
- Update status of transfers, requisitions, and shipments from outside warehouses.
- Complete Bill of Ladings for shipments.
- File daily documents from UPS and various shipping vendors.
- Prepare job status reports for management.
- Process UPS and FedEx shipments.
- Assist in preparing small UPS shipments.
- Assist in preparing small FedEx shipments.
- Perform administrative duties and cover all other Shipping Department clerical positions based on Company needs and also due to their absences.
- Confirm all orders that have shipped.
- Assist customers with shipping inquiries.
- Call in proper trucking companies for pick-ups.
- Make copies of labels for Fragrance Department, Flavors department and raw materials.
- Do confirmations of shipments in ROSS.
- Print SDS and Certificates of Analysis for all orders that will be shipping.
- Check drums and labels for accuracy and Haz Mat.
- Make photocopies of shipments.
- Hand out work to be done by our forklift operators.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be HAZMAT Certified.
- Must have Dangerous Goods document experience: ex. IMO’s, IATA, etc.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- General knowledge of shipping receiving practices.
- Ability to operate Fork Truck and Reach Truck
This is an immediate career opportunity. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 24 hours.
Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Zing Professional Recruiting a Peoplelink Group Company
Why Work Here?Zing Professional Recruiting is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on knowing the client and knowing you. We serve Fortune 500 and Global clients in a variety of industries across the United States. We get the right people in the right jobs. We are looking for TOP Talent to match with our clients. Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Great career opportunity for a leading reputable organization! Excellent company culture!