Exciting opportunity for a Regional Account/Sales Executive to join the team of a leading Flavor & Fragrance manufacturer for their Western territory. Must have sales experience in the Flavor, Fragrance or Essential Oils industry-with flavor industry experience highly preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Approximately 90% of role:
· Increase Company revenue by prospecting for new clients
· Meet and exceed monthly and annual sales targets
· Respond to questions, concerns and requests from prospects
· Plan, develop and execute sales strategies for assigned region, from lead generation through closing
· Utilize various mediums (including personal visits, telephone calls and emails) and various techniques (including cold calls, warm calls and scheduled appointments) for prospecting to client target markets
· Deliver sales presentations at customer and prospect sites, and negotiate terms agreeable to both parties
Approximately 10% of role:
· Work closely with multiple existing customers, internal and external groups (i.e. trade organizations and industry associations) in order to produce a winning effort
· Provide assistance to customer service/sales support, as needed, on any escalated customer issues or concerns
· Represent the interests of prospective customers to the client’s team (i.e. relevant company information, status of sales close etc.)
· Provide feedback to Company Management regarding market trends, competitor offerings, prospect requests and product development ideas
· Assess and quantify total sales opportunity per prospect through the use of consultative, value based selling methods
· Continually expand knowledge base of products and solutions in order to articulate the benefits of client product offerings
· Understand pricing strategy and competitive positioning in order to make appropriate recommendations
· Maintain accurate records of sales activities, contacts, opportunities, account information and pipeline activity in CRM
· Participate in events designed to increase client exposure in the market, including trade shows, speaking engagements or other roles with trade associations, and telemarketing campaigns
· Continually strive to promote a safe food culture, ensuring the production and shipment of safe quality food products
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, discounts and decimals, and an understanding of the business principles of gross margin, cost of goods sold and net profit.
Computer Skills: Strong working knowledge of CRM systems; MS Office applications; and manufacturing, inventory control and order processing software.
Physical and Sensory Demands:
· Frequent travel, including day trip and overnight, utilizing various modes of transportation
· Frequent use of sense of smell
· Frequent/Daily use of vision abilities for close, distant, peripheral, depth and color recognition, with the ability to adjust focus