Quality Control Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Exciting opportunity to work for a growing global leader in the flavor industry! We have an immediate opening for an experienced Quality Control Manager. The Quality Control Manager will lead the quality control efforts related to raw materials, in-process and finished products. This person will oversee all lab technicians and activities, implement policies and procedures, and support resolving both internal and external quality inquiries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day operation of Quality Lab to meet production and customer needs.
- Make objective decisions concerning the approval of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products.
- Oversee laboratories information systems and support training of Quality Control tech on these systems
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to accept customer and vendor specifications and ensure the requirements are met.
- Ensure the required documentation is provided to customers and internal departments on a timely basis.
- Ensure Quality laboratory Procedures are defined, current, and documented, and technicians are trained.
- Communicate with R&D and Sample Department regarding standards, formula optimization and right first-time improvement opportunities.
- Provide monthly KPI data for right first time, product rejections, cost savings and other key initiatives to Operations Management team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degrees in Chemistry, Food Science, or Microbiology preferred.
- Knowledge of food safety standards preferred.
- Knowledge of lab instrumentation and internal/external auditing preferred.
- Flavor or Food industry desired.
- Sensory experience preferred
Zing Professional Recruiting a Peoplelink Group Company
Zing Recruiting is dedicated to delivering candidates and client’s alike a great experience for each unique position. We specialize in finding dedicated professionals with the education, talent, and fresh perspectives – professionals at the top of their game. Professionals who have what it takes to be competitive and innovative in today’s market. We work to match candidates needs and requirements to our clients’ requirements and expectations. We work to find the right “fit” for both candidate and client. #zingjobs #zingrecruiting