One of the leaders in the Pharmaceutical industry are looking to add a Quality Control Chemist to join their team. The bulk testing team is responsible for Quality Control testing of over the counter pharmaceutical in process and finished packaged goods manufactured in Myerstown. The stability testing team is responsible for ensuring over the counter drug products within the stability program are tested according to the stability schedule and meet shelf life specifications. This is a fast-paced, energetic team that works together across two shifts to meet aggressive throughput times to support a lean manufacturing operation. The testing for both teams is very similar and allows for the opportunity to support both teams depending on the workload and schedule.
Quality Control Chemist will perform the analysis on in-process, finished products, stability products following prescribed procedures to provide the information base leading to raw product disposition. Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving as directed.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Quality Control Chemist will perform standard qualitative and quantitative analysis on in-process products, and finished pharmaceutical preparations employing accepted gravimetric and spectrophotometer procedures, in accordance with approved testing procedures.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Utilize standard "bench" chemistry technique as well as sophisticated electronic instrumentation, including spectrophotometer, viscometer, etc.
• Maintain records of all analysis information of assigned products on data sheets for permanent file and proper entry of information on laboratory forms.
• Evaluate all data obtained from analysis; if discrepancy or deviation occurs, consult with Supervisor and recommend additional testing if necessary.
• Perform routine analytical testing of raw materials purchased from prospective suppliers to determine that the materials meet compendia and/or company standards.
• Adhere to the pertinent aspects of Corporate and plant safety programs and adhering to GMP’s, ISO standards or other regulations.
• Assist in investigating non-compliance investigations.
• Assist with troubleshooting analytical methodology and instrumentation malfunctions.
• Perform special assignments as directed by supervisor.
• Assist in validation of manufacturing and production lines and equipment pertinent to chemistry (e.g. equipment and room cleaning validation) if requested.
Quality Control Chemist will be expected to draw upon previous analytical experience, as well as continuously learn Quality Control systems and effectively engage in relationships with peers in the laboratories, Manufacturing/Production, and personnel in other departments as needed. Once the incumbent is assigned specific materials on which to perform the quality control tests, or provide development or troubleshooting, the incumbent will have considerable impact on results from his/her work. Product can be rejected, and manufacturing procedures can be altered significantly either in schedule changes or in process itself.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy, or related 4-year science degree required. Chemistry degree is preferred.
Skill & Competency Requirements:
• Knowledge, practical application, and understanding of analytical chemistry is required to perform the functions of this position.
• Demonstrated capability for communicating ideas, concepts, and work results effectively to colleagues and supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated as well as to work collaboratively in a team-based environment is required.
• Must demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn.
• Good working knowledge of advanced laboratory instrumentation and personal computer skills are required.
• Competencies required: analytical problem solving, alertness, work within established policies and procedures, commitment to task, decisiveness, effective written and interpretive communication skills, and organization and planning skills.
• Experience in wet analytical methods and instrumentation techniques preferred; HPLC, UV, GC, IR, and AA preferred.
• At least 1 year of lab experience preferred (outside of bachelor’s degree), preferably in pharmaceutical or nutritional industry.
• A working knowledge of statistics, data processing and good manufacturing practices is desirable.
• A thorough understanding of testing procedures, as well as, US Pharmaceutical Industry Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), quality control methods and procedures preferred.
Please send your qualified resume for immediate consideration.
Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.