Stable company in the "foods" space seeks a motivated candidate for their Quality Assurance Technician position. Will see candidates with lite experience who want to learn and grow in their position. The QA Technician is responsible for conducting food safety and quality assurance procedures to ensure company is in compliance with best practices for food safety and quality. Will report to the QA Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible for meeting all applicable food regulations (international, national, state, and local)
• Responsible for sampling, testing, and documentation of the procedures, records, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
• Works to maintain the safety, legality and quality of each food and the processes used.
• Reports food safety and quality issues to their supervisor
• Participates in daily food evaluation to identify possible defects
• Participates in physical bakery inspections on a weekly basis on each area (pest control, operational methods, maintenance for food safety, sanitation, personnel practices, etc.)
• Selects food items for analysis at specified stages in the production process for evaluating compliance to specification
• Able to use the following instrumentation/measuring devices
- Metal detectors
- X-ray devices
- Moisture analyzers
• Responsible for assuring materials are received from approved suppliers and conducts raw material supplier performance monitoring
• Participates in the Environmental Monitoring Programs (i.e. collecting swab samples, using the ATP system)
• Able to print finished food case labels (as appropriate to the bakery or kitchen)
• Ensures appropriate communication of food safety/QA issues with Production Supervisors and QA Technicians at shift change
Education, Technical Qualifications Required:
• Effective work ethic and good communications skills
• High School Diploma, some college science courses or experience in the food industry
• Training in HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points)
• Training in a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standard such as BRC or SQF
• Good writing, mathematics, and critical thinking skills
• MS experience particularly using Excel Spreadsheets
Company offers full benefits package!
Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.