Zing Professional Recruiting a Peoplelink Group Company Totowa, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Amazing opportunity to join a growing consumer goods manufacturing company as a Production Supervisor in the Northern, NJ. This is a great direct hire opening with growth potential and outstanding compensation.
The Production Shift Supervisor is responsible for the safety, quality, reliability, productivity, and housekeeping of all hourly production workers in the manufacturing plant during his or her shift. This is accomplished through organizing and supervising staff in all departments and monitoring workflow and machine efficiencies throughout the shift. This role requires a candidate who is Bilingual Spanish/English.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Understand every aspect of the plant’s operations (from receiving to material handling to manufacturing to packaging to shipping) and maintain all work flow processes for each product line
- Manage hourly staff to ensure safety, quality, productivity, reliability, and facility cleanliness is maintained
- Schedule personnel and resources based on staffing levels and production requirements as well as effectively cross train staffing for redundant work center coverage in order to meet the production schedule
- Assist in decisions regarding the company’s production organizational chart, including hiring for open and/or new positions on the shift, and manage temporary staffing for the shift such as monitoring of hours worked.
- Assist with productivity and maintenance functions as required (which may include operating machinery)
- Troubleshoot machines to provide guidance to departmental Technicians and Operators as well as provide feedback to Engineering and Maintenance on issues and potential fixes
- Ensure proper paperwork and data entry for the shift is being completed in a timely manner
- Track and maintain KPIs for all assigned metrics and provide feedback on shift trends as well as suggest and implement cost reduction strategies
- Effectively communicate with other shift Supervisors and the Operations Manager on a daily basis, and the Plant Manager and Engineering Manager on a weekly basis
- Run weekly shift meetings covering safety, quality, facility, HR, scheduling and other updates/notifications.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead and manage up to 30 hourly workers including department leads
- Prior experience enacting and maintaining safety policies and disciplinary actions
- Technical abilities on machinery including troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office and ERP systems
To be successful in this position, one must possess all of the following: leadership abilities, excellent communication skills, critical thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities. Production Supervisor also must be able to effectively operate in a fast-paced complex environment, ability to document and create SOP’s, mechanical aptitude, and computer skills
Apply now! Qualified candidates will be reached within 24-48 hours.
Zing Professional Recruiting a Peoplelink Group Company
Zing Recruiting is dedicated to delivering candidates and client’s alike a great experience for each unique position. We specialize in finding dedicated professionals with the education, talent, and fresh perspectives – professionals at the top of their game. Professionals who have what it takes to be competitive and innovative in today’s market. We work to match candidates needs and requirements to our clients’ requirements and expectations. We work to find the right “fit” for both candidate and client. #zingjobs #zingrecruiting