A leading flavor manufacturing company is looking to hire a Jr. Flavorist/Flavorist for one of their NJ locations. This position will have a focus on Mint creation in Oral Care, Confection and other applications related to the Mint & Sensates® platform but will also perform tasks related to other areas of flavor creation.
Develops experience and technical knowledge linked to the development of new flavors and improve existing flavors as requested by internal and external customers and in line with manufacturing capacities under the supervision of a Senior Flavorist.
Essential Job Functions:
· Accountable to Senior Flavorist (not a trainee position) for creating finished flavors using basic natural and/or synthetic flavor raw materials in response to customer requests and market trends.
· Evaluates new flavor raw materials and may assist QC in organoleptic evaluation of manufactured flavor products.
· Learns the techniques and process methods of flavor creation in accordance with Takasago policies and practices.
· Builds critical flavor business acumen by studying, practicing and understanding raw materials, pricing guidelines, vendor practices and analytic technologies under the direction of a senior flavorist following the CFS guidelines.
· Builds and enhances theoretical knowledge through personal learnings and /or formal trainings in order to successfully pass the Society for Flavor Chemists membership exam.
· Assists flavorists on specific projects as required. This may involve sample preparation, raw material evaluation and flavor processing e.g. emulsions, spray drying;
· Studies and performs organoleptic testing of raw materials as part of flavorist training;
· Develops raw materials and enhances technical knowledge, sensory skills and experience and interpreting analytical results;
· Actively participate in Sensory panels including Qualitative descriptive analysis;
· Able to independently develop flavors.
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Food Science, Life Sciences, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
Experience: 5 years of experience in the flavor laboratory with excellent olfactive and creative and cognitive skills required. (Entry is typically through the successful completion of a Flavorist Trainee program or equivalent.) Apprentice member of Society of Flavor Chemist preferred.
The equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable
Competencies: The successful candidate demonstrates the ability to be a creative, scientific flavor developer. Demonstrated acumen related to flavor.
Candidate must possess an attention to detail, thoroughness and high level of accountability. Intermediate math skills for problem-solving calculations. Candidate should demonstrate strong and discerning sense of smell and taste. Excellent communication skills with the ability to organize projects. Proven ability to plan, organize and implement work priorities. Able to meet deadlines, carry through assignments and exhibit accuracy and neatness.
Demonstrates passion for flavor creations. Comfortable in a chemical laboratory setting exposed to strong odors and standing for long periods of time. Ability to work with cross-functional teams at multi levels within the organization. Demonstrates professionalism. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Zing Professional Recruiting a Peoplelink Group Company
Why Work Here?Zing Professional Recruiting is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on knowing the client and knowing you. We serve Fortune 500 and Global clients in a variety of industries across the United States. We get the right people in the right jobs. We are looking for TOP Talent to match with our clients. Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Great career opportunity for a leading reputable organization! Excellent company culture!