Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator / Specialist
Zing Professional Recruiting a Peoplelink Group Company Downers Grove, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Great Manufacturing company within the "specialty ingredients" space seeks an Environmental / Occupational Health and Safety Specialist to join the team!! Incumbent will be responsible for monitoring operations to control or eliminate the potential of hazards, safeguarding co-workers by enforcing safety standards in consultation with management, legal regulations, training programs, and responding to specific concerns or threats, ensure that all employees have the knowledge, skills, and equipment necessary to complete their work safely.
- Develop, train and maintain an exceptional working knowledge of safety standards for the workplace/equipment
- Conduct regular audits of facilities to evaluate infrastructure, equipment, operational techniques/procedures, recordkeeping, and acceptable behaviors
- Conduct site reviews, completing audit/reports, review findings and making recommendations to management.
- Completing job safety analysis on existing and proposed equipment to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place.
- Identify improvement opportunities in the existing health, safety, and environmental programs.
- Revise or develop programs to ensure continued compliance with current regulations.
- Work with area Manager(s) on contractor and vendor safety concerns.
- Oversee/Participate in all safety committee activities and provide direction to team members that focuses on continuous improvements to training/education.
- Facilitate development of safety programs that encourages employee participation by means of enhancing safety awareness throughout the company.
- Record and track leading/lagging indicators associated with our safety metrics.
- Prepare educational seminars, training material, and webinars on a regular basis.
- Assist Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) and Sustainability Manager with investigation of onsite incidents.
- Work with HR and Production to improve new employee on-boarding process for safety. This will include SAE Orientation safety training.
- Proficient in MS Teams and MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Safety related training/degree preferred (ex., OSHA 30-Hour Industrial)
- Must have good communication and critical thinking skills:
Company offers a full benefits package AND a great team to work with!
Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Zing Professional Recruiting a Peoplelink Group Company
Zing Recruiting is dedicated to delivering candidates and client’s alike a great experience for each unique position. We specialize in finding dedicated professionals with the education, talent, and fresh perspectives – professionals at the top of their game. Professionals who have what it takes to be competitive and innovative in today’s market. We work to match candidates needs and requirements to our clients’ requirements and expectations. We work to find the right “fit” for both candidate and client. #zingjobs #zingrecruiting
AddressDowners Grove, IL
Energy and Environment