Position: Controls & Instrumentation Technician
Type of Position: Salaried w/full Company Benefits
Location: NE Indiana
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Attention: Process Control & Instrumentation Technicians
Are you wanting to improve your work/life balance and yet earn a great living and enjoy excellent benefits at the same time? If so, we would like to introduce you to a 35-year old privately owned and very successful company that will help you achieve your goals for the new year! Now is your chance to take your career to the next level and be able to team up with other highly skilled technicians at this very well respected and growing Northeastern Indiana company. There is only one opening and our client wants to fill this critically needed position ASAP, should you meet the qualifications that follow, please apply today!
The Controls & Instrumentation (C&I) Technician will be primarily responsible for maintaining controls and instrumentation at a soy processing plant located in Decatur, Indiana. Occasional assignments providing process instrumentation support at manufacturing plants in Ohio and Illinois can be anticipated, therefor this position will include limited travel and some overnight stays of one week or less.
Primary Job Responsibilities: This position involves working closely with a team of highly skilled Process Instrumentation Technicians to maintain the control and process instrumentation involving flow, level, pressure and temperature instrumentation within the manufacturing environment to maximize accuracy and minimize downtime.
- Perform calibrations, troubleshoot process instrumentation, provide preventive maintenance on control processes, execute loop checks, program in-process PLC’s or plant control software.
- Interpret / prepare technical drawings from simple schematics to more complex P&ID’s, Instrument Loop Diagrams, and PLC Ladder Logic Diagrams
- Perform detailed functional tests on systems integrated from different vendors
- Inspect, troubleshoot, test, clean, repair, and reassemble instruments to insure optimal operation of processes.
- Maintain critical equipment to ensure it will reliably perform its function.
- Utilize computerized systems to retrieve and integrate data.
- Possess 3 to 5 years instrumentation experience, appropriate certification(s) or equivalent.
- Must have a working knowledge of industrial electrical systems and instrumentation.
- Possess plant process software exposure such as; Bailey, Modicon, Allen Bradley, etc.
- Microsoft Office product proficiency.
- Be an effective, results-driven, self-directed, and motivated team player that communicates in an open, honest manner and must be able to work closely with all clients and fellow employees.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and be a self-starter.
- Be able to manage priorities, work independently, and coordinate multiple projects utilizing available resources.
- Be willing and able to work overtime, occasional weekends, and on-call if necessary.
- Have strong mechanical and electrical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience and knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical requirements of the job, i.e. moderate to heavy stair climbing
- (including vertical ladders), along with the ability to work above floor surface (heights) up to 30 ft or more.
- Must be willing and able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
Benefit Package Overview:
· Excellent base salary, Great Benefits Package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), generous PTO, and company paid life insurance, Training and Job related Continuing Education - Company provides time and pay for getting certified or taking refresher courses for the ISA’s CCST and for getting trained on process software or any additional job-related skill sets. Added benefits include; Clothing allowance, steel-toe boots, safety glasses, hearing protection, tools and test equipment.
Note: While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly exposed to dusty conditions, to outside weather in all conditions, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts and equipment, and likely to be exposed to chemicals used in the plants manufacturing process.