ZimZee Recruiting is seeking a Material Processing Engineer for its client in Toelle, UT! A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate understanding of material rheology in an injection molding environment as well as machine design capabilities. The Material Processing Engineer should have a solid grasp on industry standards for IMM operations and maintenance.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience
- Strong understanding of material science and rheology
- The Material Processing Engineer must be able to promote teamwork and work in a dynamic team-oriented environment
- The Material Processing Engineer will have the technical ability to eliminate problems thru effective root cause analysis and robust equipment design.
- Prior experience with polymer flows and handling characteristics
- Intimately familiar with how IMM systems work
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints/schematics and understand manufacturing equipment
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to train as well as lead. Someone with a proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SolidWorks, including FEA
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead efforts to improve the design and performance of in-house injection molding equipment
- Provide material and chemical analysis for injection molding materials and recipes
- Develop Value Stream Maps and Process Flow Diagrams for the extrusion process
- Develop Process Directives and other associated standards including SOP’s and SWs
- Assist in troubleshooting failures or performance issues and determining the root cause of problems
- Provide technical information and support to the various internal teams and customers
- Promote and facilitate introduction of new or alternative approaches, methods or equipment to more effectively produce our products
- Create and manage project budgets, timelines and task lists