Zillow is looking for an expert Principal Software Development Engineer to join the team that is building the computer vision platform for semantic understanding of massive quantities of visual information on home.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will take ownership of our rich media services, including the development and deployment of highly scalable computer vision services.
- Architect the platform that utilizes computer vision, machine learning, and full stack cloud services to power our rich media experiences.
- Drive the strategy across all the major components of the platform, balancing both general and domain specific use cases
- Clearly communicate vision, plans, and results to partner teams, executives, and other decision makers
- Work collaboratively with Machine Learning Engineers, Software Engineers, Applied Scientists, and Product Managers to design and implement the team’s technical vision.
- Be hands-on in technical feature development, design and code-reviews, prototyping
- Proven track record of successfully architecting and building highly available, low latency systems for high traffic applications
- 8+ years of experience building highly scalable distributed systems on cloud platforms
- Proven experience working in product driven environment building and shipping early-stage technologies
- Foster a collaborative environment and bring fun to work
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.