An ideal candidate has experience in the title and settlement industry specifically focused on closing purchase transactions in a multi-state, high volume environment. They will possess an extreme desire to WOW their buyer/seller/lender customers by meeting timelines, communicating proactively and regularly, and serving customers with a pleasant, appreciative attitude.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as liaison between all parties within the home buying/selling ecosystem
- Communicate and keep all parties fully apprised of closing status
- Comply with all regulatory requirements
- Promote a ‘first time right’ mentality to eliminate errors and rework
- Drive closing performance, meet closings dates, provide a great customer experience
- Perform final quality review of CD/settlement statements and other closing documents
- Collaborate with the title department to resolve title issues
- Address inquiries from buyers, sellers, and lenders in a timely manner
- Confirm closing dates, locations and schedule signings
- Balance and disburse funds accurately and timely
- Coordinate with internal banking and accounting teams in the maintenance of escrow accounts and records
- Assist with workflow design and optimization activities. Help design closing systems
- Guide training team to build training material, job aids and P&Ps to replicate knowledge and standardize processes
You enjoy working in a high energy, fast paced environment. You love serving others. You have excellent communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple priorities. Answering the phone is never an interruption, rather, it is an opportunity to show off your skills. You carry yourself professionally and represent Zillow Offers and Zillow Group both internally and externally.
- 3+ years’ expert experience preferred performing closing transactions
- Highly knowledgeable regarding standard closing concepts, practices, and procedures of the real estate settlement industry
- Complete knowledge and ability to handle residential purchase transactions from receipt of contract and earnest money through funding and disbursement
- Solid understanding of various title policy forms and typical endorsements
- Ability to professionally manage challenging customers, to diffuse conflict situations and resolve closing issues quickly
- Demonstrates ability to calculate discounts, prorations, and commission splits accurately
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Ability to manage high volume transactions in a paperless environment
- Intermediate to advanced experience working within closing software systems and Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with ResWare a plus
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
See what information we collect about you.