Food and Beverage Director
- Posted: May 18, 2022
Zilli Hospitality Group (ZHG) is a premier caterer providing both food and beverage service in Wisconsin that prides itself on delivering the "WOW!" to our customers, and we need you to be a part of our growing success! With 54 years of bringing hospitality to the table, we execute many different types of events ranging from 12 to 24,000 guests!
From weddings to corporate galas and everything in between, we need you to be the face of our company, to our guests and venues. We need you to understand the value of personal and company reputation and to use emotional IQ and personal accountability in everything you do to deliver the best possible product.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Event or Banquet manager looking for the next step in their career. Must love bringing an event to life, mentoring a team, and working with coworkers to produce events, maintaining 2 properties, being involved in labor and beverage costs.
Benefits and Pay Range:
- Pay: $20-$25
- 401K Savings
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Staff Meals Provided
- Full-time, Part-time, and Seasonal Hours
- PTO for Full-time Employees
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Familiar with every event (social, corporate, large, or small) for the week.
- Participate in sheet meetings and review every contract to ensure all details are accurate.
- Be the liaison between departments, ensuring communication flows smoothly between Sales, Culinary and Operations.
- Auditing of weekly events, including, but not limited to staffing and scheduling, portioning, rental orders, linen, overall quality, and service.
- Participate in staff meetings and answer any questions that may arise, communicating clearly to all necessary departments.
- Conduct walk-throughs as scheduled to develop accurate facility diagrams, event specifics and logistics.
- Conduct catering labor studies to assist Sales Designers accurate pricing of labor & staffing of functions.
- Fill in where needed to ensure efficient operations, such as, expediter, event management, server, floor staff, carver, performance cook, bartender, and production associate.
- Consistent mentoring and developing of management personnel, including scheduling and implementation of employee reviews and quarterly pulse meetings.
- Ensure highest standards are followed including food safety and sanitation, physical safety, safe working conditions, and policies and procedures that promote safety.
- Work with venue management to ensure properties are maintained and ZHG reputation is upheld.
- Ensure each department meets budget goals and all targeted metrics including but not limited to labor cost, food cost, and beverage cost.
- Give proper check-ins to your mentors as requested.
- Communicate core values to all staff and promote a positive culture.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Accurate execution of job skills
- Punctuality and Attendance
- Policy and job knowledge
- Direct reports are continually improving their skills
- Maintain the integrity of the Leadership Team and outwardly support decisions of the Leadership Team
- Ability to work all event positions, including, but not limited to: server, carver, performance chef and bartender.
- Able to read and decipher a standard contract
- Must hold valid bartender's license for appropriate counties
- Walks and stands during 90% of shift.
- Reaching, bending, lifting, and carrying equipment
- Lifts 30-40 pounds to a maximum height of 72 inches several times per shift.
- With the assistance of another associate, lift up to 100 pounds to a height of 30 inches several times per shift.
- Interacts verbally with all associates, venue employees and clients
- Maintains professional demeanor when dealing with staff, venues, and vendors
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing and successful Southeastern Wisconsin Food Service Company. Zilli Hospitality Group has been named Best Wedding Caterer by Milwaukee A-List, #1 Best Caterer by Wisconsin Bride Magazine, Best of Weddings by the Knot (2007-2020), won the ACE Award "Achievement in Catering Excellence.
Check out our website to see what we're all about: https://www.zillihospitalitygroup.com/
FoodView all jobs at Zilli Hospitality