The Marketing Specialist acts as in-house copy editor and graphic designer for internal and external communications, manages social media and websites, and responds to other needs from the Head of Marketing, Marketing Programs Director, Marketing and Communications Manager, and Digital Marketing Manager. The Marketing Specialist collaborates with key players on the Zigbee Alliance marketing team to make sure that each project gets the resources and attention needed to be successful.
Support Marketing Communications
Work with the Marketing Managers to execute internal and external communications
- Coordinate the appearance of Alliance print and electronic materials such as letterhead, emails, blog posts, graphics, overall use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Coordinate notifications to Members and Public Interest List via email, social media, and other channels.
- Ensure Zigbee Alliance Members and Public Interest List receive notification of sponsorships, tradeshows, internal events, Member Meetings, industry events, press releases, blogs, etc.
- Draft and edit internal and external communications (Press releases, blogs, whitepapers, emails, presentations, etc.)
- Act as the in-house copy editor.
Execute Social Media Program
Manage social media: Facebook, You Tube, Twitter, LinkedIn blogs/forums.
- Create social media posts for review including copy and graphics.
- Weekly postings on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Develop YouTube strategy & content.
- Communicate to China Rep upcoming WeChat postings or translations needed.
- Create monthly social media analytics report.
Responsible for updating and maintaining websites.
- Edit Zigbee Alliance website content; make updates as needed.
- Review, track and report on website traffic using Google Analytics.
- Upload visual content for the website.
- Upload, update, or remove member data.
- Maintain the Zigbee website so that all pages and content are up to date and working.
Create graphics as requested for:
- Social media
- White papers
- Other as needed
- Maintain graphics library
Speaker Bureau Management
- Drive successful execution of all Zigbee Alliance speaking opportunities.
- Research and identify tradeshows and events that align with Zigbee Alliance marketing strategy.
- Develop and maintain a speaker library.
- Create and maintain PPT presentation library. Update as needed to ensure Alliance technologies, strategy and vision are current.
- Draft submissions for speaking slots at target shows for review.
- Conduct post-event analysis using historic data and make recommendations for adjustments, improvements and corrections for future events.
- Identify and schedule meetings with potential members, partners and current members at shows and events.
Member Group Support
Ensure Marketing Working Groups are following the policies and procedures.
Support the Marketing Working Group, task forces and study groups:
- Draft and post meeting agendas.
- Take meeting minutes and capture action items
- Support groups by executing on marketing projects such as videos, webinars, marketing collateral, market research, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Skilled writer, especially in a marketing context
- Knowledge of how to use Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of social media channels, trends, management tools, strategies, and analytics
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask and manage multiple kinds of projects at a time
- Ability to think analytically
- Familiarity with website structures and editing tools such as WordPress
- Familiarity with email campaign tools such as MailChimp
Zigbee Alliance Inc
Why Work Here?The Zigbee Alliance is the foundation and future of the Internet of Things (IoT). Established in 2002, our wide-ranging global membership collaborates to create and evolve universal open standards for the smart networks in our homes, businesses, and neighborhoods.
Amazing team of professionals serving an extraordinary group of innovative members leading the IoT!