Position at Ziff Davis
The Ziff Media Group Fellows Program is searching for energetic and motivated individuals looking to develop their career in digital media. If you’re looking for an opportunity to geek out on tech, internet culture and e-commerce, in a fast-paced, data-driven, results-oriented environment, ZMG is the place for you.
This is not an internship; this is a chance to work with the best in digital media, learn the systems we use, and get a better understanding of our brands, content, and business model. Fellows will benefit from hands-on experience working with team leaders on valuable projects that move our company forward. With available positions across multiple departments, from monetization and marketing to analytics and editorial, Fellows will apply fresh and forward-thinking insights to real-life needs.
Fellowships are geared towards individuals in the early stages of their career path who have a foundational knowledge of the industry and experience relevant to the specific role for which they are applying. Fellowships have an initial term of three months which can be extended for up to a total of 12 months. All fellowship roles are paid and eligible for our healthcare benefits.
As the Fellows Program is aimed at cultivating the next generation of digital media leaders, the culmination of the Fellows program may lead to future employment at ZMG. In the past, select high-performing Fellows have become full time employees at the end or shortly after their fellowship was completed.
At Ziff Media Group, our extensive portfolio of premium publishers reaches consumers wherever they are in their path to purchase, from discovery and awareness, consideration and intent, to purchase and post purchase. As a result of that trust, our readers have purchased over $1B of our recommended products and services.
We are looking for a Sales & Commerce Operations Fellow that will manage support functions essential to monetizing all of Ziff Media Group O&O and off-site properties. These functions will span reporting, sales goal setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation planning, and product portfolio management & pricing.
Reporting to the head of revenue analytics, this person will work cross-functionally across Sales & Marketing, Product & Engineering and FP&A to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the organization.and externally.
- Productivity & Commissions
- Develop formal reporting packages for sales effectiveness and productivity including, but not limited to conducting metrics reviews with monetization management, working to ensure all monetization organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion
- Managing commission process for the team (designing efficient quota structure and assignment, deployment, tracking and payout), managing commission plans and yearly/quarterly tracking to plan, owning the quota and capacity plans for sales and customer care
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of monetization reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Assist in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Pipeline & Forecasting
- Coordinate forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the monetization organizations. Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts, working to make forecasting more accurate. As needed, coordinate planning activities with other functions and stakeholders
- Own the sales forecasting cycles by reporting on weekly revenue numbers to the revenue & executive leadership team, identify and implement reporting/dashboard solutions and partner with finance to provide revenue pacing
- Design, prepare and present all required reporting and dashboards for cross functional teams which includes, Weekly Revenue and Cost forecasting, Monthly Recap Reporting, and Daily Summaries of Promotional Activity and Merchandising Reporting.
- Monetization Strategy & Prospecting
- Utilize prospecting tools to drive activation of key clients and verticals based on initiatives and key product launches, educate team on key buying prospects and coordinate marketing drip campaigns to prospects
- Work with the partner and sales organization to drive insights for key accounts. Uncover areas of revenue opportunity in our customer and prospect customer base.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Up to two years experience
- An analytical thinker with the ability to use data to inform the efforts of ad sales/ad ops, product and engineering teams preferred.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills; able to build rapport quickly and work effectively cross-functionally and with external customers (e.g., clients/customers, distributors/dealers, vendors, contractors)
- Influential, high level of verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and presentation skills
- High level of integrity and ethics, able to handle sensitive and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and sales and customer service management (CRM) software
Ziff Media Group is a portfolio of brands within Ziff Davis, LLC, a J2 Global company, that includes PCMag, Mashable, AskMen, Offers.com, and BlackFriday.com.
Ziff Media Group is committed to diversity and encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.