Zetta Healthcare makes a positive difference in our client’s lives by providing quality in-home healthcare services for clients that are homebound, disabled, or have a chronic condition. We are looking for a dedicated and compassionate Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team. The Zetta Healthcare RN provides skilled nursing care to assigned patients and directs Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), CNA/Home Health Aides, and Companion/Homemakers to provide quality care. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates total patient care and coordinates patient/family teaching. Assures compliance with nursing standards, federal, state, and local government regulations, and company clinical policies. Provides goal directed care leading to specific outcomes. May be on call for after-hours work. Zetta Healthcare provides services to clients throughout the State of Maryland, so this a statewide job posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties include the following tasks, though other duties may be assigned.
- Provides professional nursing care to assigned patients.
- Assesses patient’s physical and emotional status, level of competency, home environment, safety factors, and family support available to assist with care and needs of patient.
- Provides information on patient rights, reimbursement procedures, and patient/family rights.
- Assesses and evaluates patient/client’s status, reviews and implements plan of care, reevaluates needs, and revises plan of care as necessary.
- Observes patient for changes in condition and communicates/coordinates care with attending physician and clinical management.
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing procedures and techniques as ordered by the physician. Administers medications and intravenous solutions.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and independence.
- Maintains patient clinical records and reports as required.
- Ensures Licensed Practical Nurses, CNA/Home Health Aides provide quality care.
- Participates in on-call rotation as necessary.
- Documents notes, activities, and findings and submits documentation as required by company procedures.
- Professionally interact with patients, family, and Zetta Healthcare staff.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Complete trainings as required.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by management.
Supervises patient care and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of patient care, outcomes, and all staff assigned to patient.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Meet Maryland State requirements, which require licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN degree preferred.
- At least one year of professional nursing experience in patient care required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patient/client, family members, clinical management, and staff.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Nursing skills, observation skills, communication skills, supervision skills, knowledge of home health care and government regulations. Good physical and mental health. Caring attitude, empathy, tact, patience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The work requires moderately heavy physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis such as: extensive driving, assisting patient in transfer activities (wheelchair, to bed, to tub, to commode) and providing substantial support to individuals in ambulation therapy.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, to handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· General office, patient home setting, exposure to infectious diseases, automobile.
Zetta Healthcare LLC