Data Scientist Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Zero Point seeks a Data Scientist SME who will work with a multidisciplinary team including cyber security and network operations subject matter experts, engineers, scientists, and AI / machine learning software developers, to deliver end-to-end solutions that address customer requirements. SME will assist in the development, review, and deployment of software systems leveraging machine learning techniques, and Q&A systems. SME should have expertise in software development, data management data quality assessment, and statistics and probability. SME should also have a demonstrated history of successfully managing high-quality data pipelines, with applications that USA AI/ machine learning approaches. SME will be working across a range of platforms and networks and will use a variety of data management toolkits. This position requires constant learning and staying ahead of the field.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide guidance and technical oversight of research and development teams using state of the art technologies in complex network systems
- Evaluate and make recommendations to improve algorithms
- Create and integrate systems that monitor inputs and performance on a real-time basis
- Management of full lifecycle development of automation and AI/ML techniques
- Contribute recommendations for effective data usage in AI / machine learning models
- Work in high intensity, joint teams of engineers and subject matter experts
- Communicate your teams results and findings effectively to stakeholders, data providers, and system owners
- Make sense of complex, processed and unprocessed data related to a wide variety of unique domains, and help us derive greater value from our data
- Fully and correctly model and infer the quantitative quality of provided data sets with statistical accuracy
- Conduct general subject matter research, analysis, correlation and assessments
- Must be willing to travel 7 to 10 days a month on average
- Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility; Current Secret or higher required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data engineering, applied mathematics, statistics, operations research, machine learning, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant industry or academic experience.
- Proficient in evaluating, developing, writing, and improving algorithms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a deep understanding in at least one sub-area of operations research or machine learning
- Expert skills in Python and SQL code, and experience with other languages
- Able to communicate complex quantitative matters in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Great sense of ownership and attention to detail
- Advanced degree in computer science, data engineering, applied mathematics, statistics, operations research, machine learning, or a related field
- Experience in cybersecurity or networking, specifically applying data science techniques to the development of tools and analysis applications
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance
- Workers Compensations Benefits
- 401k retirement plan and matching
- Voluntary Products
- Employee Assistance Program
- *Not an exhaustive list
ZP is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive, and respectful work culture that values all.
Zero Point CorporationSouthern Pines, NC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.