Senior Engineer, Heat & Mass Transfer, Thermo
Zero Mass Water Scottsdale, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Heat & Mass Transfer, Thermodynamics
SOURCE Global is looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Engineering team. This role is based in Scottsdale/Tempe, AZ and will report to the Director of Engineering. At a glance, this position is responsible for providing direction to improve both new and existing products by analyzing data and applying principals of thermodynamics and heat and mass transfer within a fast-growing, mission-driven business that is committed to solving the global water crisis.
In this role, you will:
- Work with fellow engineers, scientists, and technicians to develop and analyze new product approaches.
- Develop analytical and computational models to aid in the development and analysis of new product architectures.
- Develop and maintain computational tools to predict the performance of new and existing designs in the full range of operating environments.
- Assist in the development and refinement of control system algorithms to optimize the performance of new and existing designs.
- Assist in the processing and analysis of vast amounts of performance and field data.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate excels is someone who embraces a mentality of “Yes, If.” They’ve got grit and tenacity and are ready to jump in and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
They also possess…
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or a related field applicable to the below qualifications.
- Strong background in analytical and numerical solutions of complex thermodynamic systems (especially condensation, evaporation, humidification, dehumidification, and refrigeration systems and their components).
- Strong background and understanding of air-water vapor properties, multiphase mixtures, and psychrometric relationships.
- Strong familiarity with experimental setup and data acquisition systems pertaining to water flow, air flow, humidity, temperature, pressure
- Strong experience in data analysis and modeling tools such as JMP, Python, Matlab, or similar. Ability to sort, sift, and synthesize large amounts of data from multiple sources.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with solar design and radiation analysis.
- Experience with PVGIS and TMY data sourcing and analysis.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
As a Senior Engineer at SOURCE Global, you’ll spend a significant portion of your day investigating the validity of potential performance improvements for existing products and collaborate with technical leadership to propel the development of new product architectures. You will develop a close relationship with technicians and engineers to ensure the integrity of the conclusions and direction you provide. You’ll have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with many different roles within the engineering team and with other departments on occasion.
The typical work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM. Nights and weekends may be required when targets are not achieved.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and 13 paid holidays
- Employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability plans
- Employer-paid life insurance
ABOUT SOURCE GLOBAL
The Zero Mass Water team comes to work every morning with one purpose: perfecting your water and the water of everyone on this planet. Together with our customers, our partners, and our team, we are transforming the human relationship with water.
Perfecting water for every person, every place
Making drinking water an unlimited resource
We designed SOURCE: a HydropanelTM that meets the drinking water needs of the more
than seven billion people on earth. Applying thermodynamics, materials science, and
controls technology, SOURCE needs only sunlight and air to make drinking water each
day at homes, schools, offices and more.