Zero Mass Water Tempe, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Zero Mass Water is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our Manufacturing team. This role is based in Tempe, AZ and will report to the VP of Manufacturing.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and implement improvements and CAPEX projects to maximize outputs to effectively scale and meet demand.
- Develop and continually refine Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Develop and foster a quality-oriented culture with robust processes that consistently improve yields and minimize scrap.
- Deploy Statistical Process Controls (SPC) for Critical to Quality (CTQ) parameters with a relentlessness capability to improve and control.
- Be responsible for effective capital planning and execution to enable Safety, Quality, Delivery/Output, and Costs/Productivity (SQDP) and growth targets.
- Be responsible for effectively managing cost and timelines for capital spend for related projects ensuring ROI accuracy and executed to targets.
- Work effectively with Engineering for design improvements and New Product Introduction (NPI) for performance and manufacturability.
- Lead documenting and overseeing key technical processes when interfacing with any onboarded Contract Manufacturers.
- Have strong accountability for continually reducing product COGs within area of responsibility.
- Be charged to meet and exceed metrics within Safety, Quality, Delivery/Output, and Costs/Productivity (SQDP).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate excels is someone who embraces a mentality of “Yes, If.” They’ve got grit and tenacity and are ready to jump in and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Have experience utilizing and implementing automation within a manufacturing and/or assembly environment.
- Can provide “hands on” support where needed to meet key deadlines and milestones.
- Have practical experience applying lean principles.
- Work well in a team environment and can manage internal demand and competing priorities accordingly.
- Have strong working knowledge of SPC and process control.
- Are self-directed with strong accountability and pride in work.
- Have experience and familiarity with mechanical systems.
- Can provide clear examples and instances where they’ve been able to achieve challenges and meet difficult goals and targets.
- Are an excellent communicator at all levels of the organization.
- Have some familiarity with CNC Programming (experience and knowledge is a plus!)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and 13 paid holidays
- Employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability plans
- Employer-paid life insurance
ABOUT ZERO MASS WATER
The Zero Mass Water team comes to work every morning with one purpose: perfecting your water and the water of everyone on this planet. Together with our customers, our partners, and our team, we are transforming the human relationship with water.
Our Vision / Perfecting water for every person, every place
Our Mission / Making drinking water an unlimited resource
Our Product / We designed SOURCE: a HydropanelTM that meets the drinking water needs of the more than seven billion people on earth. Applying
thermodynamics, materials science, and controls technology, SOURCE needs only sunlight and air to make drinking water each day at homes, schools, offices and more.