VP, Advanced Engineering Systems
- Posted: over a month ago
Zero Labs is currently seeking a highly regarded senior leader. Vice President, Advanced Engineering Systems will focus and be responsible for research, technical leadership, and delivery of new vehicle platforms and systems. Technology development is your passion along with leading an outstanding team of engineers, scientists and prototype technicians. This vigorous role will execute current and future vehicle platforms and projects, such as battery packs, Energy Storage Systems, and on-board charging systems. Applicants should be comfortable with and willing to travel as well as reporting to Zero Labs HQ in Gardenia CA.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be considered unless you meet all these criteria:
- You have worked in Automotive Engineering for at least 10 years
- You have a degree in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering
- You have direct experience in Electric Vehicle engineering
- Opportunity for Equity and Stock Options
- Solid understanding of ISO 9001 / 16949 and other US and Global Automotive Standards
- Using Lean tools and Six Sigma and other problem-solving methodologies, drive a continuous improvement mindset with respect to Quality and Process Improvements.
- Create Quality Benchmarks and Standards; provides technical perspective and expertise in terms of quality standards for internal technical teams, critical suppliers and partners.
- Facilitate communication & teamwork across all Quality Engineering teams.
- Work closely with company Stakeholders, Executives, and Organization Leaders to ensure production measurements and timelines are met.
- Drives the strategy and development manufacturing processes and road mapping of current and future programs.
- Leads continuous improvement of manufacturing quality and standards/metrics by leading the quality team and working with tier1/2 suppliers to ensure product quality amongst supply sources, manufacturing processes, production readiness, and final quality assurance and control.
- Research and gather intelligence related to all facets of local EV/automotive market as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or related discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing etc.)
- 15+ years of experience in the automotive and/or EV industry
- 10+ years of experience in medium to high volume production manufacturing of automobiles.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and effective relationships across technical and business teams globally.
- Extensive experience of Automotive Quality Manufacturing standards
- Experience with Overall company quality system architect, R&D quality + design quality (engineering related), Software quality, Supply chain quality, MFG quality, UES quality (including after sales quality)
- Proven experience with product delivery of multiple programs
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally when needed
- Master’s Degree or PhD in an Engineering Discipline is desirable.
- Experience in the Global Manufacturing automotive market
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
- A penchant for multi-tasking and self-starting
- Black Belt in Six Sigma
Why else you should work here...
In addition to a lively, engaging, and collaborative work environment, Zero Labs provides generous time off and flexible healthcare benefits. Full time employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following hire.
- Zero Labs provides performance-based opportunities for promotion and increases in pay and PTO.
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Holidays and Paid Time Off Paid time off (PTO)
- Annual company paid holidays
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine classic and electric vehicles
- Opportunity for Stock Options
Zero Labs is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
About Zero Labs Automotive
Zero Labs Automotive based in Los Angeles, California is an automotive and industrial design, technology and engineering firm with a focus on developing the Premium Classic Electric Vehicles. Less than a year we have been featured in TopGear, MotorTrend, GQ, Robb Report, Esquire and hundreds of others
Committed to a clean energy future.
We have put together an incredible team of entrepreneurs, engineers, designers, researchers, car enthusiasts, futurists, clean energy experts and more. Our team has multiple decades of experiences working at some of the largest companies in the world, on everything from innovation and ideation, to marketing and customer experience.
Zero Labs Automotive
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?