Senior level Mechanical Engineer M.E.
- Posted: over a month ago
We are searching for an ambitious Senior level Mechanical Engineer M.E. to join our team. You need to be able to provide integrated design support, bridging ID, ME, and product manufacturing. This position is Los Angeles based and only open to Los Angeles based candidates. For local candidates this presents an immediate opportunity to contribute to all of those areas;
- This position is Los Angeles based and only open to existing Los Angeles based candidates. If you are not in Los Angeles or are a recruiter please do not apply.
- For local candidates this presents an opportunity to contribute to all of those areas.You are someone who is well-rounded with a good balance of technical, creative, and hands-on skills. This person should look at a challenging project and being part of a important startup with a sense of excitement.
- You are an expert in industrial production, and have been in charge of researching and developing methods to design, build, and ship various items.
- You have experience supporting scale production of high-quality new products, system integration.
- Currently ongoing contract projects are in the automotive, and consumer outdoor spaces. The projects each involve new technologies and approaches, and always inventive opportunities to try new things really and see them used and tried in real time.
- Design arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Identify and implement cost savings and safety initiatives.
- They determine the best way to use a piece of machinery and how the assembly line workers can maximize efficiency.
- Develop the best assignment of machines and equipment to various manufacturing cells in discrete parts manufacturing.
- You are in charge of determining what new machinery or polices are needed to adapt machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Develop and implement fabrication processes for internal tooling and external vendor support.
- Identify, organize, and lead teams to resolve production and product issues.
- Identify the most cost-effective material handling and facility layout alternative for an automotive manufacturing company
- Be detail-obsessed, know the weight, cost, and specs for every part.
- Work closely with the design and engineering team
- Generate quote estimations based on previously quoted parts and projects
- Adapt and learn new technologies and manufacturing processes
- Compile accurate quote based on vendor pricing
- Source new materials for upcoming projects
- Constantly source new vendors (Los Angeles and Overseas based)
- Collaborate with production and design leads to generate the most effective design solutions and accurate pricing
- Work with overseas production team through manufacturing
- Coordinate client projects liaising between internal and external stakeholders.
- Keep in-house project management systems up to date and accurate.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Organize client meetings on behalf of the team members.
- Support design and development teams with on developing and optimizing our production model and process
- Run work reports and send weekly progress updates to internal team leaders.
- High School diploma or equivalent. College degree is a plus
- Industrial & Product Design
- Design for Manufacture (detailed, tooling-ready CAD)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automotive Engineering (a plus)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Being hands-on and on the ground
- Zero Labs provides performance-based opportunities for promotion and increases in pay and PTO.
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Holidays and Paid Time Off Paid time off (PTO)
- Annual company paid holidays
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine classic and electric vehicles
- Opportunity for Stock Options
Desired Skills & Experience:
Why else you should work here...
In addition to a lively, engaging, and collaborative work environment, Zero Labs provides generous time off and flexible healthcare benefits. Full time employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following hire.
Zero Labs is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
About Zero Labs Automotive
Zero Labs Automotive based in Los Angeles, California is an automotive and industrial design, technology and engineering firm with a focus on developing the Premium Classic Electric Vehicles. Less than a year we have been featured in TopGear, MotorTrend, GQ, Robb Report, Esquire and hundreds of others
Committed to a clean energy future.
We have put together an incredible team of entrepreneurs, engineers, designers, researchers, car enthusiasts, futurists, clean energy experts and more. Our team has multiple decades of experiences working at some of the largest companies in the world, on everything from innovation and ideation, to marketing and customer experience.
Zero Labs Automotive
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?