Design Engineer M.E. - Automotive
- Paid Time Off
Zero Labs Automotive is searching for an ambitious mid level Creative Design M.E. to join our team. You need to be able to provide integrated design support, bridging ID, ME, and product manufacturing. This position is Los Angeles based and only open to Los Angeles based candidates. For local candidates this presents opportunity to contribute to all of those areas;
This position is Los Angeles based and only open to existing Los Angeles based candidates. If you are not in Los Angeles or are a recruiter please do not apply.
For local candidates this presents an opportunity to contribute to all of those areas.
- Be detail-obsessed, know the weight, cost, and specs for every part.
- Work closely with the design and engineering team
- Generate quote estimations based on previously quoted parts and projects
- Adapt and learn new technologies and manufacturing processes
- Compile accurate quote based on vendor pricing
- Source new materials for upcoming projects
- Constantly source new vendors (Los Angeles and Overseas based)
- Collaborate with production and design leads to generate the most effective design solutions and accurate pricing
- Work with overseas production team through manufacturing
- Coordinate client projects liaising between internal and external stakeholders.
- Keep in-house project management systems up to date and accurate.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Organize client meetings on behalf of the team members.
- Support design and development teams with on developing and optimizing our production model and process
- Run work reports and send weekly progress updates to internal team leaders.
- Mechanical Engineering experience (a plus)
You are someone who is well-rounded with a good balance of technical, creative, and hands-on skills. This person should look at a challenging project and being part of a important startup with a sense of excitement.
The Mechanical Design Engineer generally will operate as part of a newly formed products team, with the focus on creating new products for system integration and help in creating unrelated projects for fun.
Currently ongoing contract projects are in the automotive, and consumer outdoor spaces. The projects each involve new technologies and approaches, and always inventive opportunities to really try new things and see them used and tried in real time.
Desired Skills & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent. College degree is a plus
- Industrial & Product Design
- Design for Manufacture (detailed, tooling-ready CAD)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automotive Engineering (a plus)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Being hands-on and on the ground
Why else you should work here...
In addition to a lively, engaging, and collaborative work environment, Zero Labs provides generous time off and flexible healthcare benefits. Full time employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following hire.
- Zero Labs provides performance-based opportunities for promotion and increases in pay and PTO.
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Holidays and Paid Time Off Paid time off (PTO)
- Annual company paid holidays
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine classic and electric vehicles
- Opportunity for Stock Options
Zero Labs is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
About Zero Labs Automotive
Zero Labs Automotive based in Los Angeles, California is an automotive and industrial design, technology and engineering firm with a focus on developing the Premium Classic Electric Vehicles. Less than a year we have been featured in TopGear, MotorTrend, GQ, Robb Report, Esquire and hundreds of others
Committed to a clean energy future.
We have put together an incredible team of entrepreneurs, engineers, designers, researchers, car enthusiasts, futurists, clean energy experts and more. Our team has multiple decades of experiences working at some of the largest companies in the world, on everything from innovation and ideation, to marketing and customer experience.
Zero Labs AutomotiveGardena, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.