CREATIVE DIRECTOR (huge advancement opportunity)
Versa Products Inc. (ZeroGravityTables.com, VersaDesks.com, Glammy.com ) announces a rewarding opportunity to become the Creative Director of our innovative brands. As Creative Director, you will be in charge of redefining our new strategic direction for each brand as we charge into 2020. Join us as we crush our competition! Versa Products is a trusted USA manufacturer of 20 years with a DTC distribution model that allows us unencumbered latitude to constantly improve our products and marketing to meet the ever-changing marketplace. We have over 90,000 square feet of manufacturing and distribution space and deliver our products from conception to customer. Versa Products strives to become a disruptive leader in the convergence of fitness and the active workplace. Our recently redefined Zero Gravity Desk brand is leading far ahead of our competition in the standing desk market and our exclusive “WorkFit Challenge app” allows user full integration from controlling our signature line of desk treadmills and pedal bikes to monitoring.
Come join the team!
This is a highly interactive role reserved for a competitive, methodical person who leads with integrity, unmatched energy and a keen understanding in creating rapid, yet sustainable growth measured by corporate profitability. You will partner across departments such as Sales, Finance, Engineering, and Customer Service in order to identify cross-organizational goals and move the needle towards even greater success. The Creative Director function at Versa Products is considered a business partner and valued member of the leadership team. The ideal candidate is an original thinker and a strong storyteller with a passion for developing evocative and disruptive creative. You have deep experience translating brand campaign strategies into impactful creative concepts that drive an emotional connection with consumers. You have a clear vision of how a brand should look, feel, and come to life across all touch points. It’s essential that you have a strong creative vision, but you can balance that with performance and effectiveness. You must thrive in a culture of ambiguity and innovation and be excited by the prospect of rebuilding a new brand and a new company, where you can have a big impact but may need to play a wide range of roles.
Recognizing the team will be small to start, you are comfortable moving fluidly between strategy/leadership/ concept and execution. As you work to grow a team, you have experience building and nurturing an effective creative team spanning art direction, graphic design, copywriting, and creative production, and operate as a leader who mentors and inspires while also working alongside your team.
● Develop our brand book and style guide, building on the foundation developed to deliver a differentiated, evocative brand aesthetic and voice to guide all creative initiatives.
● Bring our brand to life by leading and overseeing all marketing creative development (photography/videography, design and copy) across the channel and medium mix.
● Partner with Product Design and Content (this team owns developing the fitness content for each of our brand partners) teams to ensure a cohesive brand experience across all consumer touch points.
● Partner with other leaders + teams (Brand + Integrated Marketing, Growth + Retention Marketing, PR, Partnerships, etc.) to develop creative briefs and deliver campaigns and assets that tell compelling stories and meet business objectives.
● Lead and direct all marketing photography, videography, and voice production.
● Build, lead and mentor a dynamic team, spanning art/video direction, design, copy, and production, while also leveraging/leading external agencies as needed.
● Successfully guide the creative process and the creative team’s work from start to finish by managing project flow and prioritization.
● Be a champion for great creative work and continually push the boundaries on what that means.
● 8-10+ years of experience in brand creative direction, ideally with a mix of agency and in-house experience.
● Experience overseeing creative for a high-growth digital company, including both online and offline channels (spanning performance marketing, email, and display, to experiential, OOH, and video).
● A strong, dynamic portfolio that demonstrates your creative vision and aesthetic and your ability to elevate a brand across a wide range of platforms.
● Strong experience directly managing and developing a team of designers and copywriters, with the ability to not only lead but to also coach and inspire.
● Excellent execution skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) and appetite to be a player/coach, both leading and executing as we launch + grow quickly.
● Experience working in a start-up or fast-paced environment, where innovation and rapid iteration are essential, and priorities can change frequently.
● Experience driving creative production, including developing and managing to budgets, hiring and managing a producer/PM(s), and creating + managing to creative production processes that deliver assets on-time and on-budget.
● Highly collaborative, with the ability to partner with multiple teams and brand partners throughout
Why work for us ??
- Truly FUN corporate team building company events: K1 racing, Skiing & Snowboarding, Escape Rooms, etc
- Active Work Fit Challenge / standing desks and treadmills contest for employees with great employee DISCOUNTS on products we make such as Glammy makeup mirrors and VersaDesk standing desk and more!!
- Excellent Health Plans with dental & Vision
- Healthy Foods and Snacks
- Wellness Program Zenefits
- Enhanced Paternity / Maternity Programs
- Smoke-Free Workplace
- Flex work schedule work from home
- Every Team Member uses a Versa Standing Desk and or treadmill
- H1B Visa Sponsorship availability
- Two weeks paid vacation
- 9 paid holidays
- Personal time off
Versa Products is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.