Driver / Construction Equipment Manager
- Expired: November 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Zernco, employee and client satisfaction come before profit. We ensure the success of our employees, clients and subcontractors by building long-lasting relationships and remaining committed to strong moral and ethical principles, values and always doing the right thing. Zernco does not accept mediocrity, and we do not expect our clients to either. By regularly investing in the latest technology and continuing education, and using client feedback as a tool for improvement, we strive to bring our clients an exceptional construction experience.
From concept to completion, Zernco clients can expect the highest standards of craftsmanship, attention to detail, and responsiveness. Many of our national clients will tell you they've been partnering with us year after year for the past two decades because they know they can trust Zernco to deliver a quality building with speed and precision. Our Operations teams goal is to bring our clients a smooth construction experience with a seamless turnover.
We are currently looking for a Driver / Equipment Manager to join our team, if what you have read about our company interests you then I encourage you to apply and Let's talk Zernco!
Procures, expedites, and schedules deliveries of materials and services to jobsite. Plans and organizes and received inbound freight into the warehouse, assists the operations team in delivering materials, tools, and trailers to jobsites throughout the US. Maintains the company's DOT drivers' records and ensures all required vehicle maintenance records are properly completed and maintained.
- High School diploma/GED
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Has at least 3-5 years DOT driving experience pulling trailers with heavy equipment, tools, construction cargo/materials
- At least 2 years in a warehouse management role
- MUST be DOT certified and have a good understanding DOT regulations
- CDL desired but not required
- OSHA 10 - must have before start date
- Knowledge of building codes and requirements
- First aid and CPR certification preferred
- Valid driver's license required
- Ability to use technology and work in Construction management software efficiently on a smartphone, iPad, or laptop
- Experience in tracking / managing tools and trailers
- Upkeeping maintenance records for company fleet of vehicles/trailers/tools
- Mechanical experience highly desired - ability to maintain and repair small tools, large equipment and diesel trucks
- Receives all inbound deliveries of materials, unpackages, stores or preps for outbound shipping
- Attends weekly operations meeting to have an understanding of jobsite needs, tool / trailer deliveries, anticipated inbound shipments
- Attends hand off meetings to ensure jobsite / Superintendent has all necessary tools, jobsite signage, materials, or any additional items requested specific to the jobsite/superintendent
- Communicate weekly "happenings of the week" and anticipated schedules, deliveries and tasks for upcoming week to Operations team and General Superintendents
- Plan, develop and implement warehouse and yard safety and security programs and activities
- Conducts inventory of tools, materials, and equipment; generates inventory list
- Forecasts upcoming tool repair/maintenance and new purchases
- Administer systems and programs to reduce loss of construction equipment, tools, truck and trailer, including hard asset as well as utilization
- Manage inventory of first aid kits and supplies; work with Safety Committee and General Superintendent to ensure they are stocked with necessary, up-to-date items; ensure expired supplies are disposed of in an appropriate manner
- Ensure that all company vehicles, trailers and equipment are registered in appropriate state; that they are insured; that they are properly equipped with a first aid kit prior to release to employee for company use; maintain annual compliance with the same; communicate with all employee drivers company vehicle policy and ensure trucks and trailers are maintained and neat in appearance
- Work with accounting department to ensure property taxes are paid and up to date on all construction assets
- Determines appropriate method of shipping for packages, boxes and truck loads; prepares documentation; coordinates logistics; affixes shipping labels, postage, and any other pertinent information.
- In addition to maintaining the organization and work flow in the Warehouse you will conducts pride walks twice a month. This include general upkeep of the overall appearance/maintenance of the office; changing light bulbs, general maintenance of the building, plant bed upkeep cleaning windows, power washing side walks and mowing.
ConstructionView all jobs at Zernco
Get fresh Equipment Superintendent jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.