Founded by a family in 1997, Zephyr is committed to relationships -- with our partners, customers and employees alike.
As one of the first appliance manufactures to partner with world-class creative talent, Zephyr has always been at the forefront of design in the kitchen. Whether developing our own products or discovering and bringing to market the best of other categories, we apply our purpose-driven approach, impeccable taste, and adventurous spirit to deliver inspiring products.
Our office is located in the East Bay along the beautiful waterfront in the city of Alameda. Work environment is professional, fast paced and challenging.
Zephyr is seeking a team player with high personal standards, energy, integrity, and a strong dedicated work ethic to contribute new ideas and perspectives to enhance our exciting growth process. The job opening is for a Product Specialist and is responsible for assisting the Product Development Manager with bringing in new products, creating and managing installation manuals, and working closely with the product support department
Position: Full Time
Schedule: Monday – Friday: 7am to 4pm or 8:30am to 5:30pm
Duties / Tasks
- Create and maintain all manuals and technical documentation.
- Assist Product Development Manager in reviewing prototypes and testing products (range hoods, wine coolers, or other appliances).
- Help take and maintain notes with overseas vendors when developing products
- Edit and maintain our exploded view parts diagrams which are used by product support and customers to determine parts needed for repairs.
- Ensure Zephyr products remain in compliance with local and national laws.
- Help maintain our Product Information Sheets (PIM) which include product data shared with customers.
- Assist marketing department by taking photos of verified parts and managing them for use on our web store and internal documentation.
- Provide training on new products for the product support department.
Desired Skills and Assets
- Technical mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Able to manage assignments with success and timely completions
- Ability to collaborate with other department team members to achieve success.
- Detailed oriented, problem solver with multi-task abilities.
- Strong and dedicated work ethics
- One year experience in tech writing or in a product development department
- High School with a technical background
- BA or BS degree in Business Administration would be a plus but not required
- Must have knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- First day of employment
- Medical, Vision, Dental Coverage and Wellness Programs
- 401(k) plan: 50% employer match of employee’s contribution, up to 6% of annual salary
- Paid Time off (PTO) Benefits
- Paid Holiday Benefits
- Incentive plan after three months of employment
- Work place perks
- Full use of kitchen facilities with company provided cold and hot beverages, food and snacks.