Distribution Center Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
The Distribution Manager III role will be Responsible for all floor operations (or part thereof) based on the size of the facility. Duties include management of compliance programs, shipping and receiving operations, metrics, yard management, annual improvement projects as well as people management. Associate should regularly benchmark their team and work towards best-in-class operational effectiveness. Associate also responsible for maintaining current standard work documentation. This role is currently only available at our Allentown, PA facility.
- Lead/direct all floor operations as well as usage and development of team lead(s). Responsible for managing open deliveries/receipts, reporting current status, driving operational effectiveness, annual operational projects driving positive cash and/or productivity gains. Evaluates the effectiveness of and recommends alternatives for work standards, procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement, processing, and invoicing of product.
- Provide support/leadership for the overall facility. This includes labor sharing, project work in other areas, preparation, and participation in staff meetings as well as consistency in all compliance areas. To include assignments/projects out of functional area. Owning the entire facility.
- Conduct regular team meetings with direct staff as well as developmental meetings with leads/supervisors. Review of metrics including counseling and/or discipline based on productivity. Ensures optimal performance KPI’s and metrics are achieved. Coaches, trains, and develops Associates informally and through formal training programs, providing both informal (e.g. on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. written evaluation) job performance based feedback. Responsible for associate recruitment and termination.
- Provide forward communication to other functional areas including customer service, sales, manufacturing, quality, EH&S, corporate staff and/or suppliers with information pertinent to the operation. Manage within Workday, SAP, Compliance drive and quality reporting systems. Daily reporting and metrics pushed to their leader.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in Logistics or Warehouse
- Working knowledge and understanding of SAP. Microsoft Office, and WM
- Leadership training, management, and facility compliance experience preferred.
Our shared vision attracts and unifies an extraordinary group of people across the company, while our recruitment and development philosophy to "build from within" fosters a sense of work ethic and trust across our workforce. The combination of our commitment to maintaining a safe working environment, excellent career advancement opportunities and competitive benefits packages makes Zep an exciting organization for those professionals seeking not just a job, but a life-long career.
Zep is an organization that is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages all interested candidates, including women, minorities, & former military personnel to apply. It is the policy of Zep that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation
860 Nestle Way # 100Allentown, PA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Zep
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?