Candidate must have experience in engineering support within a manufacturing operation. Hands-on knowledge of electro-mechanical manufacturing and assembly are a must. One must have strong organizational skills with sense of urgency to drive things to completion, and the ability to communicate with team members across various disciplines.
Major Responsibilities Include
- Primary liaison providing technical guidance to production operations
- Create efficient production process and work instructions to build and ship custom configured product
- Review drawings, sketches, schematics, manuals or sample parts to establish appropriate manufacturing process.
- Support Quality team on investigation and corrective action for product quality issues.
- Provide technical knowhow and drive best practices for manufacturability.
- Follow-up production of current product, and engineering changes.
- Perform Design For Manufacturing (DFM) reviews as needed.
- Provide board panelization inputs and reviews of bare board manufacturing requirements.
- Create Process Flow Routings for use in Production.
- Create production documentation from customer files and standard manufacturing practices.
- Implement engineering changes into production documentation as required.
- Establish methods to improve production processes for cost, schedule, and quality.
- Set-up and document operational procedures for equipment.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Made to Manage System to support accomplishments of other responsibilities.
- Be self-motivated; detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Should have college degree in Engineering.
Experience/Technical/Other Skills Requirements:
Should have at least two years experience in the printed circuit board assembly industry. Should have strong understanding of the manufacturing standards required for electronic manufacturing, for both commercial and military products. Previous experience with conformal coating and mechanical assembly. Strong understanding of the procedures required to successfully manufacture product though all the required technologies, such as SMT, Through hole. Have a good understanding of the material required for manufacturing electronics. Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and interpret instructions from operating manuals. Ability to manage multiple projects. Must be computer literate and possess basic PC skills.
The candidate is regularly required to sit, use hands and arms to reach and lift up to 30 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Ability to handle small hand tools, power tools, and operate all production equipment. Must be able to perform same duties that all production personnel perform.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro