Sr. Test Engineer
- Posted: February 28, 2023
Looking to excel in your career and grow professionally in a thriving business? Zentech is rapidly growing and is seeking experienced professionals in several areas.
Zentech is one of the leading and most highly certified U.S. based Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) providers in North America. We support original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of medical devices, aerospace and defense products, and industrial equipment with engineering & manufacturing solutions. These solutions include product design, printed circuit board layout, test development, and manufacturing support through the whole product lifecycle.
The products and designs Zentech support are an integral part of everyday life and in mission critical environments. Many can be seen every day at sporting events, on delivery trucks, in medical offices, at construction sites, on American farms, and on commercial aircraft. Other products and designs are unseen but vital, such the work we do for our domestic and foreign military customers who rely on our technical skills to help ensure our country remains safe, our warfighters remain out of harm's way, and our nation's networks remain free from intrusion.
Zentech has developed strengths in the required manufacturing processes for high reliability, high complexity, low-to-medium volume printed circuit boards and box builds, all with best-in-class ability to scale to higher volume products. Zentech products are proudly Made in America and our dedicated team has worked together to maintain normal operations as an essential business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sr. Test Engineer
Supports the test execution portion of a motherboard/upper level assembly that interfaces to various common PC peripheral functions such as PCI Express, SATA, USB, Ethernet and others. Execute test plans, troubleshoot high density component mixed-signal circuitry. Work closely with other team members throughout the different phases of development. Set up or devise standard or automated test equipment to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production assemblies. Analyze test results and repair or adjust assemblies per analysis. Recommend corrections and improvements to test procedures to simplify testing and/or assembly processes
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct functional tests to measure the performance of production electronic systems, assemblies, and sub-assemblies.
- Test commercial and complex (mil-spec) electronic assemblies with pre-production or prototype documentation.
- Compare test results with specifications and accurately record test data.
- Analyze defective units to determine root cause of failure.
- Help develop processes, tooling and fixtures as required.
- Ensure that all test equipment calibration requirements are maintained.
- Effectively manage time, and complete all tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
BS or Associate's degree (A.A.) from accredited college or technical school in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline (EE/EET/ME preferred), or equivalent military trainingin Electronics Engineering Technology or related field, and five years related experience.
- Experience in high speed digital design and/or debug is a must
- Strong component-level troubleshooting skills.
- Must have experience with high speed digital oscilloscopes and/or protocol analyzers.
- Knowledge of SERDES verification and qualification is a plus.
- Knowledge of electrical test methodology (e.g., stand alone bench, automated, functional test), planning, procedures, equipment (e.g., multimeter, oscilloscope, bus analyzer, automated test systems) and result validation criteria (e.g., pass/fail, control limits, tolerances).
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software components (e.g., processors, memory, interfaces, high order languages), and characteristics (e.g., throughput, processing architecture, timing, capacity).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word).
- Hand- soldering and rework experience is highly desirable.
- A general understanding of the production of printed wiring assemblies is desirable but not required.
Must be extensively familiar with AT LEAST three of the following disciplines: (a) solid state electronics, (b) microprocessor applications, (c) digital logic, (d) digital design, (e) communications systems, (f) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering, science, or physics (such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics). Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment effectively. Must have a positive attitude with a desire to excel in a team-oriented culture. Availability and willingness to work alternate shifts as necessary is required.
Must have good color perception, eyesight, and the ability to effectively use magnification aids such as binocular microscopes and related test equipment. Must have good hand-eye coordination, and the ability to use basic hand tools. Must be able to comfortably lift up to 40 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, reach with hands and arms, bend and twist to lift and reload items, and talk or hear.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Zentech Manufacturing I
AddressWindsor Mill, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?