- Posted: over a month ago
Zentech Manufacturing, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for New Product Integration and Continuous Improvement. Join a fast-paced production environment with a variety of advanced manufacturing processes serving customers in diverse fields including Defense, Medical, and more. At Zentech, you will work with experienced engineers to develop repeatable processes for production at scale. Refine existing processes for efficiency, driving down costs and defects. There are many opportunities to expand beyond the role and learn new skills.
Job Description: The Quality Assurance Engineer assists the QC Supervisor, Program Managers, Design Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers in the introduction and sustaining of products in production. This process includes analyzing customer controlled technical data packages (e.g., engineering drawings, schematics, bills of material, specifications, etc.) in order to:
- Identify and resolve issues affecting product realization
- Identify and establish the product’s inspection requirements and techniques
- Provide technical support to structure Customer data for manufacturability
- Ensure all Customer and regulatory requirements are identified and satisfied throughout the product lifecycle
- Sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products.
- IPC-A-610 Certified Trainer preferred
- J-STD-001 Certified Trainer preferred
Performs a variety of complex and critical tasks.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top-level contributor/specialist.
- Understands and applies statistical analysis to promote continuous process and product improvement.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Understands and applies product and process knowledge to review, approve, validate and verify customer and engineering change, deviation and waiver activities.
- Ability to assimilate facts and make recommendations to correct processing errors.
- May report to an executive or a manager.
- Candidates must be able to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced working environment in or with new or loosely defined situations
- Foster and maintain professional and productive relationships with other staff and management
- Ability to maintain productive relationships while prioritizing tasks in a demanding environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs and Adobe Acrobat
- Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Certified in statistical analysis (Black Belt preferred)
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures including: ZDP, DFX, FMEA, CAPA, SPC, Control Charts, 5-Why’s, MSA, RCA, 8-Diciplines Techniques of Problem Solving, Good Documentation Practice.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to conceptualize, design, implement, manage, and sustain critical processes
- Assist in processing of returned products for warranty and service repair
- Processing of Non-conforming products including Material Review processes
- Defect analysis including root cause and corrective action
- Corrective, preventive and improvement action processing
- Experience in audit activities pertaining to standards, procedures and practices.
- Practical working familiarity with industry and regulatory standards including OSHA, ISO and Medical
- Knowledge of Engineering processes and terms
While performing these duties, the employee is required to sit, use hands, reach with hand and arm, and talk or hear. May be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Zentech Manufacturing I
AddressWindsor Mill, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?