Jr. Manufacturing Engineer
- Expired: March 01, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Zentech Manufacturing, Inc. is seeking a Junior Manufacturing Engineer for New Product Integration and Continuous Improvement. At Zentech, you will work with experienced engineers who will help develop your skill sets while you work on cutting edge products. Join a fast-paced production environment with a variety of advanced manufacturing processes serving customers in diverse fields including Defense, Medical, and Aerospace. Refine existing processes for efficiency, driving down costs and defects. There are many opportunities to expand beyond the role and learn new skills.
Junior Manufacturing Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Create Process Flow Routings, Time Studies, and Assembly Instructions to build and ship custom configured product with help from more experienced engineers.
- Review drawings, sketches, schematics, manuals or sample parts to establish appropriate manufacturing process.
- Implement Engineering Change Orders (ECO) into production documentation as required.
- Follow up with Production on assemblies during New Product Introduction (NPI) and engineering changes then update documentation to reflect lessons learned.
- Develop and document operational procedures for equipment then train Production.
- Work with Program Management to get technical files and documentation for programming and process development.
Junior Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications and Skills:
- Is self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized, and excellent at communication.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Has internship experience in engineering support within a manufacturing operation.
- Is familiar with Lean or Six Sigma methodologies for problem solving.
- Has an understanding of the procedures required to successfully manufacture product though all the required technologies, such as SMT, Through-Hole, and Box Build.
- Previous experience with conformal coating, mechanical assembly are also preferred.
- Ability with handling small power tools, and the ability to learn the operation of large production equipment.
- B.S. degree in an engineering field, particularly Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and interpret instructions from operating manuals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and switch priorities as demanded by changing circumstances.
- Basic computer literacy and possess skills with various programs including Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to read and understand electronics industry standards, unique customer requirements, as well as manufacturing documentation systems.
- The ability to regularly reach and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Good vision (glasses or contacts accepted) and ability to inspect small fine detail.
- The ability to perform the same duties that all production personnel perform when called upon to instruct new operators or expedite material in time crunches.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be legal U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Zentech Manufacturing I
AddressWindsor Mill, MD
Get fresh MFG Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.