This position’s day to day will be working on improving reporting and determining how we can transition current jobs (SPs, SSIS, SSRS) to a reporting tool that will allow our users to be more self-sufficient and allow them to pull data on demand vs having to request data extracts. We will also be looking at migrating selected stored procedure processes to a non-database batch submission approach. This position will be assisting with the development/implementation of new reporting tools (tool TBD), developing data extract/load jobs, building/packaging data for sharing . Exact tools TBD. This position will be tasked with working within SQL, building data extracts, loading jobs and building reports.
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Responsible for overall design of the solution
- Design, build and test applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Able to be self-driven and take a problem statement through all steps of requirements, functional specifications, design, and development
- Comfortable with interacting with non-technical end-users to identify needs and requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
- Experience with SQL.
- Advanced working knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools, including: MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos or SAS.
- Experience with UNIX and ETL.
- Experience with various databases, including: Teradata, Oracle or SQL Server preferred.
- Working in a mixed BI/reporting and DW development team
- Working with a multi-member development team as well as individual development activities
- Development knowledge/experience building data extract, transformation, and load jobs using any well-known ETL tool
- Development knowledge/experience building reports using common GUI-based report development tools (Business Objects, Cognos)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Hands on experience using multiple Relational DBMS products SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, etc.
- Able to build complex queries based on business logic – and comfortable in converting business logic into data-specific logic
- Enjoys full-spectrum of scope/design/develop/deploy activities of a BI/DW environment
- Comfortable and knowledgeable in creating design/develop documentation
- Experience in all aspects of BI/DW design and delivery: source data analysis, table design, data loading, query design, report design/development