- Works with the Project Management Team to ensure the successful completion and profitability of on-going or new projects.
- Provides overall project management guidance and oversite to Superintendents and Foremen for current approved marine construction projects.
- Develops bid proposals for upcoming marine construction and services projects and ensures timely submission of completed proposal.
- Negotiates contracts and change orders as may be required by the business.
- Estimates costs to be incurred in upcoming projects accounting for materials, services, labor, and other associated costs.
- Procures materials and services from suppliers for current projects as required by project needs.
- Interprets project plans and specifications as required for customers, suppliers or others involved in the project.
- Schedules project work activities according to plan timelines to ensure timely project completion.
- Provides interface with project team members, suppliers, customers, and others who are involved in project work.
- Ensures that project team members are provided a safe work environment and are knowledgeable of safe work practices and policies.
- Participates in Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
- Must be qualified and physically able to drive regular passenger vehicles to visit work locations and job sites.
- A minimum of ten (8) years marine construction piling and concrete experience on work barges or job sites or equivalent experience in a marine construction supervisory capacity is required.
- Incumbents must be well-versed in receiving and handling of equipment used for marine operations.
- In addition, incumbents must have knowledge of the integration of various crafts to successfully perform their work. Craft knowledge should include pile driving, crane operations, welding, carpentry, sandblasting, pipe fitting and related areas. Incumbents should also possess previous supervisory experience and be certified in First Aid and CPR.
The incumbent must also:
- 1) be well organized to effectively oversee all aspects of the project
- 2) be able to hold Foreman and their crews accountable for safe work practices and work performance excellence
- 3) have the foresight to avoid potential problems before they arise
- 4) have a conscientious attitude towards controlling job costs and adhering to project schedules
- 5) be able to influence and motivate Foreman and their work crews, and 6) possess excellent communication skills.