As a Data Center Engineer you will need to have a variety of skills from racking and cabling hardware, to understanding complex wiring designs. Also, the ability to prioritize you day to day work using Service Now, Visio, Excel and other specific applications are fundamental. You support employees globally by providing timely resolution of problems within our enterprise data centers. In this important customer-facing role, you utilize technical competencies and customer service skills to support and maintain effective relationships with users. You will communicate information to both technical and non-technical personnel. As this is not an entry level position, you will need to bring some necessary DC skills to be productive and successful in the IT DC environment.
Assist with all aspects of the Data Center work including but not limited to:
· Manage their own daily Service Now ticket pool.
· Data Center Support
· Process RMA’s
· Rack & Stack
· Break Fix
· P1 Assistance and Monitoring
· After-Hours P1-P2 Support and on call 24 x 7 via pager/cell (rotating based on headcount)
· Assist in Escalations
· Server Troubleshooting
· Decommissioning Hardware
· E-Waste Coordination
· Wiring & Cabling
· IDF & Campus closet support (Site dependent)
· This individual interacts primarily with their direct manager or site lead and the technical teams associated with the command center on assigned projects they may communicate with employees in other functions as required.
· Regular and detailed direction is provided, as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
· The ideal candidate will be an important contributor to team projects.
· The successful candidate would have one to five years working within an enterprise data center environment.
· They would have a strong understanding of a variety of basic networking, server, storage and infrastructure related technologies.
· The data center engineer must work with a variety of engineering teams to successfully implement the hardware designs into the data centers and be technically efficient to resolve issues on systems that require hands-on remote troubleshooting, installation, and parts replacement.