Ambulatory Medical Assistant
Zenith Healthcare S.C. Kenosha, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 to $17 Hourly
We are looking for the best of the best.
Here at Zenith Healthcare, S.C., we take pride in our exceptional care. As a Medical Assistant, the doctor, your healthcare team, and your patients depend on you. It is necessary to be reliable, punctual, and follow protocol.
Responsibilities and Duties
Includes all aspects of front office procedures: patient intake, registration, scheduling, greeting, referral, follow up, insurance & benefits verification, medical records and management of incoming phone calls.
- Ensure smooth flow of patients from check-in to exam room to check-out.
- Responsible for collecting complete patient information and inputs it into the EMR system.
- Ensure prompt answering of telephones with minimal hold times.
- Answers phone inquiries from patients/ potential patients with courtesy and promptness.
Ensure appropriate scheduling of patients following office policies.
- Responsible for sorting mail and distributing
- Accept projects and other assignments as directed by Clinic Operations Manager.
- Screen patient calls, appropriately taking messages or directing the call to clinical staff, using the language line when necessary.
- Schedule patient appointments per scheduling guidelines. Make a determination when a call should be transferred to a clinical staff member for immediate attention of patient’s needs.
- Maintain daily and future schedules, adhering to scheduling guidelines.
- Check schedules daily regarding no-shows, patient cancels, reschedules, physician cancels/reschedules and follow up appropriately.
- Keep desk/reception and lobby/waiting room area neat.
- Keep patients informed of delays, per patient care staff and clinical procedure.
- Adhere to current and remain current on policies and procedures, as well as departmental protocols.
- Assist in orientation/training/cross-training of staff members as assigned. Determine priority of various patients when making rescheduling decisions.
- Must be neat and well groomed and have a courteous, pleasant manner.
- Medical assistant must be able to put patients at ease and explain physicians' instructions in with full understanding and confidence.
- Understanding of Medical Terminology and appropriate usage of key words
- Perform nursing procedures under supervision of physician or nurse practitioner
- Assist physician and physician assistant in exam rooms
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measure vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient’s chart
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filed is available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls
- All other duties as assigned by clinical coordinator or practice administrator
- Maintains certification per requirements of certifying body.
- Epic Knowledgeable
- Excellent Verbal/Written Communication
- Previous Medical Experience
- Professional Personal Presentation
- Computer Proficient (Microsoft office)
- Organized Attention to Detail
- Epic Knowledgeable
Zenith Healthcare S.C.
6121 Green Bay RdKenosha, WI