Supervisor, Trust Accounting
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Supervisor, Trust Accounting Department: Trust Accounting
Bargaining Unit: NBU Grade: N/A
Position Type: Exempt Hours per Week: 40
Provides daily leadership and supervision to Trust Accounting team to meet and exceed client expectations and operational needs. Optimize workflows/processes, tools, staff allocation, and technology to ensure efficient and cost effective day to day operations.
"Has minimum necessary access to Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) by Job Description/Role."
- Provide daily leadership and supervision to Trust Accounting team consistent with management values and mission. Assign, distribute and monitor quality and quantity of work produced, ensuring employees are held accountable for consistently meeting quality and production requirements. Develop staff through performance management, goal setting, training, and effective employee relations. Review and approve timecards, time off requests, and the accuracy of labor allocations and payroll processing information.
- Optimize workflows/processes, tools, staff allocation, and technology to ensure efficient and cost effective day to day operations.
- Implement and monitor internal systems, policies and procedures to ensure operations are in compliance with client needs, new developments, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Provide input into departmental budget and oversee expenses to ensure efficient operation within budget guidelines.
- Prepare and/or review account reconciliations, accruals and financial statements for reasonableness and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ensure effective communications and working relationships with management and staff as well as clients, government agencies, unions, participants, attorneys, and consultants.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA and other regulatory and legal guidelines, and troubleshoot and resolve customer/client service issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of assigned Plan(s) and effectively apply knowledge.
- Perform other similar/related duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a closely related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience with strong working knowledge of complex pension processing. Prior multi-employer and Taft-Hartley trust fund experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience, preferably in an insurance, benefits, or TPA environment.
- Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly.
- Accomplished change leader, demonstrating a flexible approach and resilience to setbacks. Able to drive operational and cultural change.
- Proven ability to recruit, lead and motivate a team in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), business math, and relevant Federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making and organizational skills, with the ability to optimize the use of all available resources and deliver on multiple priorities.
- Exceptional analytical and problem resolution skills; ability to exercise independent, sound judgment.
- Ability to read and understand financial statements and budget reports.
- Proficient PC skills including intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills. PowerPoint experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary.
Zenith American Solutions
Real People. Real Solutions. National Reach. Local Expertise.
We are currently seeking an experienced Supervisor, Trust Accounting with the necessary skills, initiative, and personality, along with the desire to get the most out of their working life, to help us be our best every day.
Zenith American Solutions is the largest independent Third Party Administrator in the United States and currently operates over 40 offices nationwide. The original entity of Zenith American has been in business since 1944. Our company was formed as the result of a merger between Zenith Administrators and American Benefit Plan Administrators in 2011. By combining resources, best practices and scale, the new organization is even stronger and better than before
We realize the importance a comprehensive benefits program to our employees and their families. As part of our total compensation package, we offer an array of benefits including health, vision, and dental coverage, a retirement savings 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off (PTO), great opportunities for growth, and much, much more!
Internals to Apply:
If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in applying for the above position, please submit an application. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm on the Internal Posting Deadline listed above in order to be considered prior
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Zenith American