Customer Care Advocate
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Customer Care Advocate 1Department: Customer Care
Union: OPEIU 12 Grade: 25
FLSA: Non-exempt Hours per week: 40
Date Posted: 02/02/2023
The Customer Care Advocate provides customer service to participants, beneficiaries, union locals, and providers regarding eligibility, benefits, and claims status.
"Has minimum necessary access to Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) by Job Description/Role."
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains current knowledge of assigned Plan(s) and effectively applies knowledge in all job functions.
- Provides written, verbal, or face-to-face customer service by responding to and documenting telephone and written inquiries in accordance with various Plan(s) benefits.
- Updates files, including documenting system notes of conversations or action taken.
- Performs tasks associated with the administration of retirement and health and welfare benefits such as;
- Processing and/or sending mailers or required forms as requested by members.
- Processing and/or sending correspondence related to member or claims status.
- Processing enrollments and updating member information in applicable system(s).
- Distributing communications related to regulatory requirements.
- Initiates Action Requests to appropriate departments requesting adjustments to claims, retirement, and/or eligibility as necessary. Follows up to ensure successful completion of Action Request.
- Researches and resolves complex and technical issues and irregularities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six months of experience working in customer service, third-party administrator processing, or benefits administration.
- Strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Solid organization skills with strong detail orientation and listening skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business materials, technical procedures, benefit plans and regulations.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office tools and applications.
Call center experience in benefits claims, billing, or eligibility.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable federal and state law, it is the policy of Zenith American Solutions to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact the Recruiting Department at email@example.com, and we would be happy to assist you.
Zenith American Solutions
Real People. Real Solutions. National Reach. Local Expertise.
We are currently seeking an experienced Customer Care Advocate with the necessary skills, initiative, and personality, along with the desire to get the most out of their working life, to help us be our best every day.
Zenith American Solutions is the largest independent Third Party Administrator in the United States and currently operates over 40 offices nationwide. The original entity of Zenith American has been in business since 1944. Our company was formed as the result of a merger between Zenith Administrators and American Benefit Plan Administrators in 2011. By combining resources, best practices and scale, the new organization is even stronger and better than before
We realize the importance a comprehensive benefits program to our employees and their families. As part of our total compensation package, we offer an array of benefits including health, vision, and dental coverage, a retirement savings 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off (PTO), great opportunities for growth, and much, much more!
Internals to Apply:
If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in applying for the above position, please submit an application. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm on the Internal Posting Deadline listed above in order to be considered prior
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressSaint Paul, MN
BusinessView all jobs at Zenith American
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?