Zenith American Wallingford, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant Department: Trust Accounting
Bargaining Unit: NBU Grade: N/A
Position Type: Non-Exempt Hours per Week: 40
Date Open: 11/1/2020 Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Wallingford, CT (Temporary Remote Availability)
We are a large Third Party Administrator looking for a self-starter to join our team in providing excellent service to our clients. The position entails being responsible for all aspects of the unaudited financial reporting, eligibility records, premium billing, year-end reporting and interacting with accountants and other professionals.
"Has minimum necessary access to Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) by Job Description/Role."
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, distribute and be responsible for client's internal financial statements and statistical reporting
- Reconcile multiple checking, savings and investments accounts
- Prepare 941 filings and YE reconciliations for 1099Ms
- Post journal entries to general ledger (Peachtree Sage experience helpful)
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy and reasonableness in a timely manner
- Frequent interaction with banks and their data files
- Reconcile multiple medical insurance carriers and premium billings software
- Manage eligibility records for multiple clients, COBRA notices, member billings
- Acts as a resource for Client Services for accounting issues, and provides back-up to other staff on all clients as needed
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned
- College education or equivalent experience in a finance/accounting environment for 3-5 years and demonstrates the skills and ability to independently perform all aspects above.
- Strong bank reconciliation experience with elements from external & internal sources
- Must be able to reason through different software packages - Problem solver
- Ability to type 45 WPM.
- Ability to operate 10-key calculator and have data entry skills
- Proficient Excel skills
- Experience with accounting software (Peachtree Sage experience helpful)
- Must be conscientious and dependable
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Organizational Skills
- Facilitate interaction with other departments in furnishing or obtaining information or reports.
- Typical office
- Typically sitting at a desk or table, working on a computer in excess of 85%.
- Travel may be required
ZAS's Mission, Vision & Values
As a member of the ZAS team, the Fund Relationship Executive agrees to embrace and live out the mission, vision and core values of ZAS. The values we live and work by are:
- We focus on relationships
- We take risks thoughtfully
- Ethical behavior
- Performance and accountability
- We strive to win, but not at all costs
Zenith American Solutions
Real People. Real Solutions. National Reach. Local Expertise.
We are currently seeking an experienced Trust Accounting Representative with the necessary skills, initiative, and personality, along with the desire to get the most out of their working life, to help us be our best every day.
Zenith American Solutions is the largest independent Third Party Administrator in the United States and currently operates over 40 offices nationwide. The original entity of Zenith American has been in business since 1944. Our company was formed as the result of a merger between Zenith Administrators and American Benefit Plan Administrators in 2011. By combining resources, best practices and scale, the new organization is even stronger and better than before
We realize the importance a comprehensive benefits program to our employees and their families. As part of our total compensation package, we offer an array of benefits including health, vision, and dental coverage, a retirement savings 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off (PTO), great opportunities for growth, and much, much more!
Internals to Apply:
If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in applying for the above position, please submit an application. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm on the Internal Posting Deadline listed above in order to be considered prior
Job Posted by ApplicantPro